News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

help with a smoke unit

Started by JOEYTEE, February 11, 2016, 08:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOEYTEE

can anyone help out my smoke unit is running very weak and off and on thank you appreciate it and are the smoke units hard to change ????

jbsmith

To actually ANSWER the question

if your loco is a 0-6-0 , 2-6-0 or 2-6-2 with a smoke unit it should be a simple matter of take old unit out then insert the new smoke unit.

Here is an explosion chart of  0-6-0,2-6-0, 2-6-2 the only difference being the lead and trail trucks.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/51501_HO_Prairie_2-6-2.pdf

replacement smoke units here

http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_68_212&products_id=1706

I will not waste my time in any debate about the pros and cons or opinions of smoke.

Your layout, you run it the way YOU like. 8)

Trainman203

Something you never want to see ......

A guy is running a steam engine at the club, out of site around a hill.

His friend on the other side of the layout says "does your engine have a smoke unit?"

The first guy says "no."

:o :o  :o :D

Len

Quote from: jbrock27 on February 12, 2016, 06:37:25 AM
Quote from: jbsmith on February 11, 2016, 10:42:48 PM
I will not waste my time in any debate about the pros and cons or opinions of smoke.

Your layout, you run it the way YOU like. 8)

Thanks again for dropping in and taking time out of your busy day on the Tyco Forum to help out here.

Why do you consider it a waste of time to give someone advice against something that is harmful to their layout operations ??? ::)

Maybe because so many threads that started with a simple question on how to replace a smoke unit degenerated into a mile long "good/bad" back and forth about smoke and smoke units.

Maybe jbsmiths response should just be posted in the HO FAQ's and any further questions about smoke just pointed there.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.