News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Diesel anyone?

Started by YellowHillsCentral, December 14, 2007, 11:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowHillsCentral

Mr Bachmann,

Hey, what happened to diesels? I know this topic was brouth up before, but, where are they?  ??? ??? I'd really like to see some sort of deisel locomotive from you. Your such good quality, and that shouldn't go to waste (not that steam locomotives are!) A few ideas:
-White Pass and Yukon GE90
-White Pass and Yukon Alco Loco
-Another GE45 Tonner?
-The Sumpter Valley/ Rio Grande Diesel (hey you and LGB can make the same locomotive)
-Any other ideas anyone? Please add on! ;)

scottychaos

Steve Stockham

Look at the on-line retailers that are trying to unload these things. They're having to practically give them away! Everything sells higher and these were Spectrum engines in the same vein as the Shay, Connie and American! There simply isn't the interest!

altterrain

President of

mackers

vic

Quote from: Steve Stockham on December 15, 2007, 10:06:46 AM
  Look at the on-line retailers that are trying to unload these things. They're having to practically give them away! Everything sells higher and these were Spectrum engines in the same vein as the Shay, Connie and American! There simply isn't the interest!

Steve I still think it had much more to do with the Dizzie being a MODERN STANDARD GAUGE engine that just happened to sit on narrow gauge trucks, that had more to do with its unpopularity that anything else. Afterall its a very well made model.

If it had been a smaller, purpose built narrow gauge engine typical of say the 1920-40's which era most NG LSer's seam to model, say like a 13ton Brooksville critter, or a Plymouth or similar, I think it would have sold far better. Heck I know I would have BOUGHT anything Brooksville. If theres no demand then why does the HLW Mack sell like hotcakes and is the base model for countless critter models? I dont see Accucraft's Whitcolm's or Plymouth's being red tagged. The demand is there,  I do not know on what basis the decisions to market one item over another are made, I wish I did, but for for whatever reasons they didnt seam to read the market on that one...or the Vulcan.