OFFICIAL 2016 THOMAS & FRIENDS ANNOUNCEMENT

Started by InsideTrack, February 12, 2016, 04:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsideTrack

Hi Thomas & Friends fans:
We hare delighted to announce the products below. These will be the ONLY new Thomas products announced until February 2017. Please watch our website for images and delivery info. We will not release this info in personal emails.

Enjoy!

HO Scale
58816 Rosie (with moving eyes)
77014 Sodor Salt Wagon
77015 Troublesome Truck #5
77016 GWR Cattle Wagon
77017 Refrigerator Car – Live Lobsters

Narrow Gauge
58602 Rheneas
77301 Narrow Gauge Slate Wagon with Load
77302 Narrow Gauge Slate Wagon with Load #101
77303 Narrow Gauge Slate Wagon with Load #164

Large Scale
91421 Thomas the Tank Engine with DCC Sound
91422 Percy the Small Engine with DCC Sound
32037 Large Scale Thomas & Friends™ DCC Sound Module
98016 Box Van – Sodor Fruit & Vegetable Co.
98017 Box Van – Explosives
98018 Box Van – Great Western

NOTE: No delivery dates yet for HO Oliver or Large Scale Winston and Ice Cream Wagon.

Chaz

All I am going to say is thank goodness that there is a narrow gauge range.  Rheneas I welcome with loving arms and I am interested to see how the slate cars turn out.

The rest of this years announcements fall completely flat for me.   The fact that Rosie of all characters was picked before Daisy or even Paxton is quite a joke.   Large scales announcements were pretty bad too, can't believe there is still no Henrietta. Hopefully the rolling stock will be decent, a GWR cattle wagon in particular sounds pretty cool.  

Apart from narrow gauge and maybe some of the HO stock, I think my wallet will be left unharmed this year, sadly.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

DinoNTrains

HO: So another salt wagon and cattle wagon, like repaints of the first? Cool! :) Can't wait to see Troublesome Truck #5, and I would say Rosie was a bit of a surprise, but I know Bachmann will do great things for her. Also, what would the refrigerator car look like?

Narrow Gauge: How'd I guess Rheneas was next? Good choice, though, and it's cool to see the slate cars as rolling stock (they've always been my favorite Skarloey Railway rolling stock for some reason)

Large Scale: I think DCC sound for Thomas and Percy is great! After all, I'd assume their large bodies would enable more room for sound chips and the like.

All in all, looking forward to seeing these products :)
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Titanic5972

Fantastic to see Rheneas and slate wagons added to the narrow gauge range. Bit disappointed that such a minor character has been produced for the HO range, however the wagons, especially the TT#5, will be a great addition. Large scale has no meaning for me so I won't comment on that one. I think I am definitely going to have to expand into a narrow gauge railway now.

Jacob Wilson

Yes, I guessed right about Rosie, Rheneas and Troublesome Truck #5! I am looking forward to getting these. I am also looking forward to getting the Sodor Salt Wagon, GWR Cattle Wagon and the Refrigerator Car with Live Lobsters. I dread to think what these three items are! What on earth is a Refrigerator Car! Not sure if I will be getting that one!

I am really happy that Rosie getting released though! I am smiling all other my teeth and face! :) :D ;D

I was hoping for a little bit more interesting Wagon's in the Narrow Gauge range, but 3 Slate Trucks that are different is alright.

I am a bit disappointed there are no Coaches or Brake Van's on the way to the Narrow Gauge range. A Brake Van is needed with all these Trucks and Van's in the range and being added! :(

To sum up though, I plan on getting (Quantises will be in brackets):

HO Scale:
58816 Rosie (With Moving Eyes) (x1)
77014 Sodor Salt Wagon (x3)
77015 Troublesome Truck #5 (x1)
77016 GWR Cattle Wagon (x3)
77017 Refrigerator Car – Live Lobsters (x3)

Narrow Gauge:
58602 Narrow Gauge Rheneas (x1)
77301 Narrow Gauge Slate Wagon with Load (x3)
77302 Narrow Gauge Slate Wagon with Load #101 (x3)
77303 Narrow Gauge Slate Wagon with Load #164 (x3)

sean1994rail

I be getting Rosie, tt 5, lobster vans and gwr cattle wagons, along with Rheneas and the slate wagons.

MeganekkoFury1126

The HO rolling stock I do like the sound of, at least to add more variety.

Rheneas is probably the nicest new product announced, as well as the slate cars. Love those Skarloey railway cars.

Rosie....*sigh* I don't like her...at all really, so let's move on.

Shawn

BassTbone

Woo hoo.  Keep the narrow gauge coming because they are a hit.  The 009 modellers group is excited about it!

I guess the GWR cattle truck is the proper one used in the TVS.  Surprised Rosie made it onto the list, but it will definitely make fans happy. 

Personally I am happy about the narrow gauge stuff!  ;D ;D ;D

sean1994rail

Quote from: Shawn on February 12, 2016, 05:19:26 PM
When will the new catalogue be up?
shortly. During or after the toy fair. Wait and see.

mully

Well i think this year is looking good. Ironically large scale wise sounds the best with the new rolling stock which i hope they release on ho. I like the idea of sound Thomas and Percy. Rosie will be a good addition probably a back ground engine much like her role on the show. The new rolling stock sounds very good i believe the refrigeration car will be one of the white vans probably with a crate and maybe an opening door? Like the reintroducing of salt wagon. The tt5 will be interesting thinking will be cgi style. Great western cattle wagon. Not a clue. Much in the way i don't for the great western item in large scale. Rhenaes a great addition along with the slate wagons. They should be very interesting. Sad no building but... Thank you Bachmann

JD417

Well, I was right with a couple things, this years looks pretty good, but yet, still no Large Scale Henrietta. Ugh.

Jacob Wilson

^^ Above 2 Replies - @Reply #10 By mully: That is an interesting thought of what you think the Refrigerator Car will be. I have in mind it could be a Ventilated Van, with a lobster logo painted on the sides, but if it is this, wouldn't it be called a Ventilated Van? I must be wrong! Bachmann, please show us what a Refrigerator Car is.

Quiet frankly I have never even seen a Refrigerator Car on the TV Series before, so it must be made up! What it looks like I think depends whether I want it, or not!

More of my thoughts, and aimed at nobody in particular:

I guess the GWR Cattle Wagon is to join Duck, Oliver and Toad in the range, which is a nice touch.

I hope the Troublesome Truck #5 will be a Tanker!

I hope that the Sodor Salt Wagon will be identical to the previous release, but I am interested in why it is called a "Sodor Salt Wagon". Does mean it will be covered in some strange livery, with banners or something?

I am really excited for Rosie though. I cannot wait to get her! I am happy she is getting released, and I am happy are also getting Rheneas, but I knew he was coming, since Skarloey's announcement last year!

TTTEfan1992

Well, at least I know what's been announced for this year. The announced range that I am most excited for this year is I would have to say is the Narrow Gauge range. I love the Narrow Gauge range. I'm glad Bachmann started the Narrow Gauge range. I like the HO scale range, but this year it's only okay for me. I'm not that excited for the HO scale range this year, but at least we are getting something. As for the large scale range, I've never really cared for the large scale range. I don't collect the large scale range. It's only a matter of time when this year's catalog is posted on this site. I'm going to have to say the catalog will be posted between tomorrow to as late as next Saturday I believe.

All I have to say to is thank you Bachmann!

Keep up the good work.

DucktheGWREngine08

I'm excited abouth the HO scale wagons being announced, and super excited about the narrow gauge announcements. Hopefully next year we get Sir Handel and some coaches, maybe a set. I need to make an n gauge layout made soon.