OFFICIAL 2016 THOMAS & FRIENDS ANNOUNCEMENT

Started by InsideTrack, February 12, 2016, 04:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #74 By mully: Maybe the Live Lobster Utility Wagon might look good in The Flying Kipper, but I will have to mix and match it up a bit, as I have 9 Ventilated Van's for it (x3 Bachmman Blue, x3 Hornby Light Grey, x3 Hornby Red Oxide), x4 Utiliy Wagon's (x3 Hornby Cream Utility Wagon and x1 Bachmann Green Utility Wagon (I plan on getting x2 more of these)) and x6 Lime Wagon's (x3 Hornby Grey and x3 Hornby Brown).

LittleWesternAdventures

In response to the catalogue video post, I have to say I'm quite excited to see that Oliver will be $115, and I'm liking the GWR Cattle Wagon. Rheneas will be the same price as Skarloey so that's good to know. I think so far it is safe to assume that each engine for the Narrow Gauge subtheme will keep around the same $150 price range.

AJW98Productions

Quote from: Jacob Wilson on February 14, 2016, 01:14:57 PM
But Live Lobsters Utility Wagon is for carrying lobsters. I do believe that The Flying Kipper is a train of fish. Have lobsters ever been part of The Flying Kipper? [...] Also, has this Live Lobsters Utility Wagon's ever been seen in the TV Series?

[...] Which USA Tank Engine have you pre-ordered?

[...] What is the Sodor Salt Wagon for, exactly? To carry fish or salt?
1. I don't recall that it was never explicitly stated, but considering the nature of livestock trains, I wouldn't call it unrealistic, but the van has been seen in the show itself recently, so again, I wouldn't put it past them, but the name I'd say could just be for the sake of making it...distinctive. I could be wrong though.
2. Sparks would be purchasing the SR USA Dock Tank I imagine...A.K.A Rosie's basis.
3. In real life, Salt. Definitely Salt. In the show? I don't recall it ever being mentioned, so I would say they could easily be used for fish if one can stretch their imagination far enough.

On a side note, I recall reading around here that they could just be another Mail Car repaint, which wouldn't be entirely accurate, as when one looks at them closely in these pictures, you can see they have different panels at the front and rear of the vans.

And on a final note, I look forward to seeing the Brown Salt Van join the range, I also look forward to seeing how the Great Western Cattle Van turns out, the prototype picture has me curious. This whole year's range has my curious if I'm honest, I'm very curious to see how all the stock that we currently haven't see prototypes of turns out.

~Alex

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Repky #77 By AJW98Productions: I will answer your answer's in order:

1. Well, I do like Utility Wagon's, so a new one in another livery does not go a miss with me! I just find obscure why we have random one that carries Live Lobsters!

2. That would be interesting to see, but not as interesting when Bachmann release Rosie, which I want now!

3. I have never noticed salt being transported on the TV Series before. It has a 'Sodor Salt' logo on it, so I have a feeling it is to carry salt not fish. I guess we could use our imaginations that they carry salt!

I look forward to see how it all turns out to, like the GWR Cattle Wagon which is very obscure looking!

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #79 By Metal: Thank you for posting that link. I am happy to see the images for the new releases. I am still unsure and very dubious of that GWR Cattle Wagon. No, prototype of Rosie, which is a shame!

I am going to try and get a cheap paper Catalogue if this from eBay with postage at a reasonable price (As I live in the UK), like I did with last year's Catalogue. A paper version will be even better than this PDF version!

Artist794

Did anyone notice the note on the G Scale DCC module??  It says there are going to be the other engines whistles on it.  Why would they include the other engines whistles on the generic DCC box. If they arnt built?  Just a thought for the future maybe?

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #81 By Artist794: I would just like to welcome another new User to the Thomas & Friends Disscusion Board of the Bachmamn Trains Forum, so welcome Artist794!

Maybe Bachmann have included the whistles of the Engines they have not produced, is because Bachmann may release them, or plan to release them in the future. Releasing the DCC Sound Module now with the whistles of these Engines is a lot more cost-affected way of doing it, rather than Bachmann spending more money, by re-designing the DCC Sound Module and re-releasing it, every time they bring a new Locomotive out. Bachmann are clearly thinking ahead for the future, which is a sensible thing to do.

AJW98Productions

Quote from: Jacob Wilson on February 18, 2016, 07:45:26 PM
No, prototype of Rosie, which is a shame!
She was just announced, of course there isn't going to be a prototype. Usually the prototypes aren't ready until roughly halfway between the official release and announcement, usually favouring the side closer to the release too.
Quote from: Metal on February 18, 2016, 07:37:07 PM
The Bachmann 2016 catalog is up, feel free to look.
http://resources.bachmanntrains.com/bachmann2016/
Thank you for sharing, Metal :)

~Alex

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #83 By AJW98Productions: I know that prototype's generally are not released this early released this early. The announcements where only made a week ago today! It's just that I can't wait to get Rosie, and it would be nice to have like a computer drawn prototype of Rosie, like Bachmann have done with the Sodor Salt Wagon and the GWR Cattle Wagon. Hornby always do this with their new announcements of Locomotives, in their Thomas & Friends range.

thomasj219

Remember how soon we got pictures of Bill and Ben?
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

AJW98Productions

I recall that it was early, not sure how early, but I remember it caught everyone by surprise, as it wasn't normal for the range at the time. I could be wrong, but as we don't even have photos of Oliver yet, I suspect Rosie's won't come out for a little while either, I certainly do not expect her photos to be out in a hurry, but that's just my thoughts. I could be entirely wrong.

~Alex

LittleWesternAdventures

So since there was very little update to Oliver in Bachmann's current catalog and with no prototype photo of Oliver out after Toyfair, based on releases of the past, how far would a release period (i.e. around what months) be more likely to happen for him? I'm only saying estimates based on the past, like with Duck's release, etc.

While on that train of thought, does anyone know how long on average it takes for Bachmann items to show up on Amazon after they are first released?

Titanic5972

Quote from: Jacob Wilson on February 19, 2016, 07:14:09 AM
^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #83 By AJW98Productions: I know that prototype's generally are not released this early released this early. The announcements where only made a week ago today! It's just that I can't wait to get Rosie, and it would be nice to have like a computer drawn prototype of Rosie, like Bachmann have done with the Sodor Salt Wagon and the GWR Cattle Wagon. Hornby always do this with their new announcements of Locomotives, in their Thomas & Friends range.

Hornby and Bachmann are two completely separate companies. You really need to stop comparing one to the other. It's not gonna help anything by doing it. As for prototypes locos, patience is a virtue and you will just have to be until it is ready. Wanting it really badly isn't going to make it come out any quicker.

Jacob Wilson

^^^^ Above 4 Replies - @Reply #85 By thomasj219: No, I do not remember that with Bill and Ben, as they got released in 2010. I only knew and start buying Bachmann Thomas & Friends HO/OO Gauge products a year later in 2011!

^^^ Above 3 Replies - @Reply #86 By AJW98Productions: Let's just hope that if Rosie is delayed until 2017, like Oliver has been delayed from last year until this year (Fingers crossed that Rosie will not be delayed until 2017), I hope that she will be amazing and be worth the wait.

^^ Above 2 Replies - @Reply #87 By LittleWesternAdventures: I do not thing there is a set release date. New products are released when they arrive at Bachmann Trains. All new products have a different  time they take to release, as for example, Oliver, Rosie and Rheneas have to have tooling's made for them.

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #88 By Titanic5972: I am not comparing Bachmann and Hornby. I was stating what Hornby do, not comparing.

I do know that wanting Rosie really bad is not going to bring her out any more quickly. It's just that I have waited 10 year's for a Model Railway Locomotive of her to be released, and I am really excited Bachmann are releasing her. :) ;D