OFFICIAL 2016 THOMAS & FRIENDS ANNOUNCEMENT

Started by InsideTrack, February 12, 2016, 04:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metal

The engines usually hits the shelves on an average of 10-18 months after their announcements.

TTTEfan1992

Well based on knowledge and experience, I would have to say Bachmann Oliver probably won't be revealed till April of this year, and won't be released till July, or August of this year. Oliver might be in the same situation as the red coaches were last year. The red coaches were announced in the catalog in February 2014. Then, they still didn't have stock photos in the catalog in February 2015, but then they were revealed in April 2015. They weren't released till August 2015. So far, this has happened with Oliver. Oliver might be in that same situation as the red coaches.

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #91 By TTTEfan1992: This jolly well could be the case that Oliver gets released in the Summer, seeing that Bachmann have not provided a release date or a prototype of Oliver in the Bachmann Trains 2016 Catalogue!

LittleWesternAdventures

@TTTEfan1992 Reply #91 That would make sense! It seems like that is the pattern. They have the price now, $115, so with that in mind it is only a matter of time. I also wonder if it could also end up in the same case as Toad, in which we had no images for his model until his actual release.

Either way, I'm guessing August at the latest with him.

Artist794

@Jacob Wilson Thank you for the welcome!!! I had posted that my observation about the DCC module to pose the question about why the other engines whistles would be included.  I hope it does mean that someday we get the others in g scale.  I know id be first in line for a G scale Gordon and Henry!!

BassTbone

TTTEfan1992

I don't understand what you mean BassTbone?

Titanic5972

Quote from: TTTEfan1992 on February 19, 2016, 11:40:43 PM
I don't understand what you mean BassTbone?

Probably means the timeframe for release. That website says May for Oliver's release

TTTEfan1992

I don't think it says May, I think it says April.

Jacob Wilson

^^^^^ Above 5 Replies - @Reply #94 By Artist794: It is alright Artist794. If those Engine's included in the DCC Sound Module, which they are, then it must mean that the Engine's will get released in the future.

^^^^ Above 4 Replies - @Reply #95 By BassTbone: That website does not have an expected shipping date for Oliver. I am confused why you posted that link.

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #98 By TTTEfan1992: It says May. April is the 4th month of the year. May is the 5th month of the year.

AJW98Productions

Actually, the website does have an expected shipping date, it says:
Est. Ship Date: 4/5/2016
Unfortunately, because of the way numerals are arranged in the date in the US or other countries, it could mean April or May, as some countries put the day before the month, others put the month before the day. As this site is American (or at least, I think it is, based on the currency being US Dollars), I would assume they have put the month before the day, as this is a more common practice in the USA than other countries, but then again, I expect a May release to be more likely than April, but the site is all I have to go from, I guess I'll just take it as April for now, but I won't be disappointed if it isn't.

Thank you for sharing BassTBone, it's nice to have a good estimate of the release date :)

~Alex

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #100 By AJW98Productions: Thank you for finding that date Alex. I must have been tired, so I couldn't find it, earlier this morning!

Maybe that is their estimated shipping date when they will get Oliver in stock, so Oliver in general at Bachmann Trains may come in to stock earlier, than that date.

Titanic5972

Quote from: AJW98Productions on February 20, 2016, 03:28:49 AM
Actually, the website does have an expected shipping date, it says:
Est. Ship Date: 4/5/2016
Unfortunately, because of the way numerals are arranged in the date in the US or other countries, it could mean April or May, as some countries put the day before the month, others put the month before the day. As this site is American (or at least, I think it is, based on the currency being US Dollars), I would assume they have put the month before the day, as this is a more common practice in the USA than other countries, but then again, I expect a May release to be more likely than April, but the site is all I have to go from, I guess I'll just take it as April for now, but I won't be disappointed if it isn't.

Thank you for sharing BassTBone, it's nice to have a good estimate of the release date :)

~Alex

Why can't Americans just follow the rest of the world and do things properly? Like day/month/year, spelling words correctly ie Colour not color, Honour not honor, and drive on the correct side of the road too( which happens to be the left side, not the right!

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #102 By Titanic5972: You are making me laugh now. That is funny! :D you do a perfectly reasonable point though. This stuff does get annoying, but I am British, so it obviously to do with a different culture!

TTTEfan1992

On that website www.trainsetsonly.com the estimated shipping date does say April, 5 2016 because back in August of last year, I looked at that website and it had a shipping date that said 11/5/2015 which means November 5, 2015. Then I looked at that website at the end of September of last year and it changed to 12/5/2015 which meant December 5, 2015. It couldn't have been May of 2015, because it was already past May of 2015. That was the way the dates were written. The way it is written right now 4/5/2016 it means April 5, 2016 on that website.