OFFICIAL 2016 THOMAS & FRIENDS ANNOUNCEMENT

Started by InsideTrack, February 12, 2016, 04:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titanic5972

Quote from: Jacob Wilson on February 20, 2016, 07:46:11 AM
^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #102 By Titanic5972: You are making me laugh now. That is funny! :D you do a perfectly reasonable point though. This stuff does get annoying, but I am British, so it obviously to do with a different culture!

I'm British too so know the proper way things should be done lol

mully

I am British too but i understand the American ways with mm/dd/yy format and American way of wording some things like color and stuff. Plus this is an American form so try not to upset fokes  ;)

LittleWesternAdventures

Quote from: BassTbone on February 19, 2016, 11:32:02 PM
http://www.trainsetsonly.com/page/TSO/PROD/160-58815

While its only on one site, you have a window of what to expect.

Oh yes! I was looking for this website. It was spot on with Skarloey, the engine shed and the Red Coaches. Seeing that it says the discount is about $74, I expect something slightly the same when Oliver hits Amazon about 2-3 months after his release.

Jacob Wilson

^^^^ Above 4 Replies - @Reply #104 By TTTEfan1992: I forgot the American's write it the other way around it gets confusing! My head is all over the place now!

^^^ Above 3 Replies - @Reply #105 By Titanic5972: By So you are British and you live in New Zealand?

^^ Above 2 Replies - @Reply #106 By mully: I do not get upset. It just takes me longer sometimes to work out what members are saying to do with the different wording.

UPTODAY

All of you BRITS make this forum very interesting.Jacob,this is a complement.
UPTODAY

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #105 By UPTODAY: Thank you.

Metal

Quote from: Titanic5972 on February 20, 2016, 06:18:06 AM
Why can't Americans just follow the rest of the world and do things properly? Like day/month/year, spelling words correctly ie Colour not color, Honour not honor, and drive on the correct side of the road too( which happens to be the left side, not the right!
The US is one of the "few" countries that drives on the "right" side?.......Uh-huh....Sure.

mully

Alright lets knock the whole culture thing on the head before someone actually ends up offending someone yeah  :)

Titanic5972

Especially as I originally said it in jest, yes I completely agree.

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #113 By Titanic5972: I knew you where joking and jest about it!

TTTEfan1992

Replying to reply #107 posted by LittleWesternAdventures:

Really? Was that website accurate with shipping dates too?

Chaz

Before this discussion on culture gets carried on, I have some news for everyone regarding this years announcements.  Doug Blaine was generous enough to provide some information regarding the large scale DCC sound module as well as the characters who got mentioned in the module:

"DCC Sound Module is listed for LS because:
1)It is too large for HO products.
2)It is rated for higher track voltage more commonly used in LS.
3)Other characters are listed because it was easy to include them. It will be less expensive to include them now rather than changing the board later if we ever expanded the LS line with other locos. Let me be clear, the included locos should NOT be taken as a roadmap as to if and when new LS Thomas locos may be produced.
"

This should hopefully clarify any confusion as well as confirming that it is not best to expect said locomotives in the product description to be made.

One also interesting piece of news I have particularly for narrow gauge fans is he also confirmed that the slate wagons won't be Peco recolors, they will be an all new tooling. :)
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #116 By Chaz: I am hoping that it is good news, that Bachmann are making the tooling for the Slate Wagon's, because the cost of the last year's Wagon's is to much due to them being tooling form PECO. I hope for now on that Bachmann will create all the toolings for the future Wagon's to keep the cost of them down.

BassTbone

Bachmann has always succeeded in replicated Thomas & Friends rolling stock without mainline toolings.  Look at the mail coach and the paint flat car. 

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #118 By BassTbone: But how could the Flatbed with Paint Drums be a successor, if Bachmann have discontinued them?