STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 09, 2019, 05:33:38 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Thomas & Friends in 2017
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Print
Author Topic: Thomas & Friends in 2017  (Read 134562 times)
TTTEfan1992

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: February 12, 2017, 12:20:57 PM »

Well from what happened last year with that, we should see Bachmann's new announcements this Friday 2-17-17, because it's the day before the New York Toy Fair this year. The catalogs will be released too, but we'll most likely not see them until a few days after the last day of the Toy Fair unless, if you find a model train show to go to around the date of the Toy Fair. Then possibly, you can purchase one at a train show. Last year, Bachmann didn't upload their catalogs on their website until a few days after the last day of the Toy Fair. Therefore, from when the New York Toy Fair is this year, the catalogs most likely won't be uploaded to their website until either 2-24-17, or 2-25-17.
TheBlueSnowplow (Griffin)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: February 12, 2017, 03:09:46 PM »

Anyone thinking Bachmann might release this engine next?

Check out my Youtube channel!
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 12, 2017, 03:39:59 PM »

The announcements will most likely be posted on Friday, based on their recent track record.

At this point I'll be happy if we see Sir Handel and another new tooling of new rolling stock for narrow gauge, (coaches in particular).  The only characters I would buy in HO would be ones they haven't done from the first four seasons, most of which aren't likely anyways.

Anyone else have any last minute predictions/thoughts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: February 12, 2017, 04:35:41 PM »

Daisy/any S1-4 character we don't already have is unlikely to be very honest. Off-topic but- Chaz, I know you've been against Rosie from the beginning. Seeing her model are you swayed at all? I wasn't a huge fan either but it's a pretty smart engine...

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 12, 2017, 05:31:10 PM »

Daisy hasn't had a ton of merchandise out since her return, only one and that was just this year so I imagine if Mattel is taking charge of what Bachmann announces then I won't get my hopes up as I said earlier.  However, I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'd be willing to bet on someone else in HO like Charlie, Stanley, or you know... Paxton. Tongue

My thoughts on Rosie are in another thread, so let's keep that discussion there.
donaldthescottishtwin

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 12, 2017, 05:47:07 PM »

Trevor is all I really want Daisy would be welcome since a model of her so long overdue(looking at you Hornby). Anyway it's pointless speculating because we all know deep down its going to be Phillip.
HLC Railroad

Steam Locomotive Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 12, 2017, 08:39:30 PM »

I would love to see Hiro, Stanley, Charlie and/or Sir Handle announced. They're all amazing options. Only time will tell who will be chosen and I'm not saying that those are the options, just what I'd like to see. I'd especially like to see a character like Furgus or Arthur but they haven't been seen since the model series so there's next to no chance.

With all these people building their own replica Thomas characters, soon we may have no choice but to have 4K Thomas and Friends remakes.

Thomas:Done | James:Recently Complete | Sir Handel:Finished | Gordon: Needs Paint and Eye Mechanism | Henry: Cad and Chassis

Need I say more?
DinoNTrains

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 15, 2017, 01:35:33 AM »

Just want to hear opinions, but since we have the narrow gauge line underway, is it possible we could get Mr. Percival this year?

Bachmann never ceases to amaze me Smiley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: February 15, 2017, 09:05:23 AM »

I'd say that since the HO figures are actually scaled for large scale, having one made for the tiny narrow gauge engines doesn't make much sense.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: