News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Photo issues every time

Started by Titanic5972, February 13, 2016, 07:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titanic5972

I am so sick of trying to add photos to this site. Every time I try, no matter how small I make the pictures, it keeps telling me "upload folder full". The images are under 100kb and they still won't upload. OVER IT!

Jacob Wilson

I have never been able to upload an image to post on this Forum. It alsways tells me that the file size is too large. How do you smallen the image size down? Was it because I was trying to post the image's using my iPad and not my laptop?

BassTbone

Try using Photobucket to upload your pictures.  www.photobucket.com

Then paste in the forum using the link between the [img] text.  Photobucket has a copy and paste option.

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #2 By BassTbone: Do you need an account on Photobucket to use it?

What I will do is next time I want to try and post an image, I will try and do it on my laptop and if that does not work, then I will try and do it through Photobucket. I think my many post's of posting images in new tabs is silly and daft looking. Thank you for the suggestion, BassTbone. :) ;)

Titanic5972

Quote from: BassTbone on February 13, 2016, 07:43:18 PM
Try using Photobucket to upload your pictures.  www.photobucket.com

Then paste in the forum using the link between the [img] text.  Photobucket has a copy and paste option.

The point is that every other forum I use, Hornby, RMWeb etc, all allow photos to be directly uploaded with out having to use a 3rd party website. I don't understand why this one can't be the same as that!

JD417

Titanic5972

Do the links work is what I meant

Titanic5972

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #8 By Titanic5972: Nice pictures of your collection. Thank you for posting them.

railtwister

Quote from: Titanic5972 on February 13, 2016, 11:25:20 PM
Sorted now. Thanks guys

So how were you able to post the photo so that it didn't show up as a link?

Bill in FtL

Titanic5972

I uploaded the images to photobucket and then on the right side of the screen there was 4 boxes with different url codes. I copied the bottom one with is labelled IMG and pasted it here. That brings the photo up.

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #10 By Titanic5972: I must remember this information, if I ever come to use Photobucket to post an image!

railtwister

Quote from: Titanic5972 on February 14, 2016, 08:32:54 PM
I uploaded the images to photobucket and then on the right side of the screen there was 4 boxes with different url codes. I copied the bottom one with is labelled IMG and pasted it here. That brings the photo up.

Thanks, I'll have to try to remember that. My problem with third party photo sites and posting on groups like this is that the photo links do not stay active for very long, and within a short time, the photo simply disappears, leaving a lined box with just an empty white space contained within. This can happen in just a few days or weeks, and future viewers are left to wonder what the picture was.

Bill in FtL