News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Looking for Acela Regional Amfleet Cars

Started by bsteckler, February 16, 2016, 11:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsteckler

Hello,
I am searching for Amfleet cars in Amtrak's Acela Regional (blue splotch, item 13109) scheme that Bachmann made several years ago. Most retailers seem to be sold out of these, and customer support was unable to provide me a list of dealers or wholesalers that I might be able to contact. Does anyone have any of these they might be willing to part with, or any distributors I could look ask?

Len

You talking about these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bachmann-Spectrum-HO-Scale-Amtrak-Acela-Express-5-Car-Lot-NO-RESERVE-/351650933586?hash=item51e0076b52:g:LLkAAOSwzgRWu26p ??

It's the only current listing for Bachmann Acela I could find. There might be something on Craig's List, but who knows?

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

jward

len,
what the op is looking for are the amfleet cars with the Acela paint scheme, similar to what you posted. but those appear to be Acela cars not amfleets.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Len

Ooops! Missed that, my bad.

Finding lots of Amfleet cars in various Phase-xx schemes, but nada with the Acela splotches.

OP might want to grab some Amfleets, strip them, and start splotching away.

Len

bsteckler

Here is a picture of what I am looking for:

Len

Finding nothing in the way of Amfleet cars in the Phase-V (Acela) scheme. I did find this if you want to do your own:

"For a short period of time in the early 2000s, some Amfleet cars were painted in the Phase V style, also known as the Acela Phase. The Acela paint scheme varied depending upon the type of car, with the different types having different colored "splotches" on them. The Coach class cars were decorated by a turquoise window stripe and a darker-shaded turquoise splotch, and the Business class cars were decorated by a navy blue window stripe with a light-turquoise splotch. Cafe cars were decorated with light-turquoise splotches and navy blue window stripes, and instead of a window where the snack bar was, there was a splotch of spring green."

Currently all active Amfleet cars are painted in the Phase IVb scheme, which is Phase IV with the newer Amtrak logo.

Len