News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

engine not moving

Started by diztrek, February 26, 2016, 01:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diztrek

Hi just ran my Silverado yesterday and it was running great. Today the engine is acting like the brakes are on, not moving? Any suggestions?

Chuck N

Can you hear if the engine motor is turning?  If it is you probably have a broken gear on the drive axle.  If you can't hear anything check all electrical connections from the power supply to the motor.  Do the lights work?

Chuck

diztrek

Hi Chuck, thanks for your reply. It was something simple (dumb); I did not connect the plugs of my airwire connector correctly. It threw me off that there was sound but no movement. Good lesson to make me check that!

Chuck N

Glad you got it going.  I know the feeling.  Last weekend my modified Delton Doozie/goose had the same problem.

I was a sleep (forgot to throw it) at the switch and it ran into the back of a passenger train in the station.  When I untangled it; the sound  and lights were working, but the motor wasn't.

Since I take this to run on other layouts, it was a crisis.  It has a battery and Revo, so I can run anywhere.

I took it to a friend and he found a connection in the motorblock was open.  I took it to him since he had made the modifications earlier.  It is now waddling down the track like a proper GOOSE.

I'm taking it down to southern Arizona, Sierra Vista, in early March for an informal get together.  Had Stan not gotten it working I would of had to take its picture for its travel log as a stationary object.

Here is a link to MLS for the travel log.

http://forums.mylargescale.com/11-public-forum/50050-travels-modified-delton-doozie.html

So far it has been to layouts in Arizona, Nebraska, Virginia, Maryland and Maine and an abandoned roadbed on Nantucket Island, Ma.  I hope to get it to Colorado later next month.

Chuck

Ted Yarbrough

Chuck,
I love what Stan did with the Delton Doozie Goose! Thanks for sharing the photos. Would love to see more.
Ted

Chuck N

Ted

Thanks for the comments.  It is a fun little project.  I will keep posting pictures as the occasions/events occur.

Right now the motor has died, so until I can get a new USAT motor it will be posing, not running.

Chuck