News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum Diesels Return in the future?

Started by brokenrail, February 28, 2016, 11:10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokenrail

I was wondering if Bachmann ever plans on making a Spectrum diesel with sound.??The sound value line up is great ,but with the Spectrum line of Steam it shows 15 with complete sound and not 1 diesel that can be purchased with complete factory sound .The sound value line is great,but has limited sounds that would be great if they could be upgraded like digitrax,qsi,esu .Do they plan on offering a upgrade for these in the future since technology hardware is all flash programmed base ,or a Spectrum diesel with the full sound offering? In my opinion it would be a great way to benefit everyone that has purchased the sound value line of diesels in that they would not have to replace a very good existing decoder and would generate funds for the upgrades and bring more value to the sound value line of locomotives with this option.Give a great option for those interested in doing so that many would pay to have done or buy a programmer and push the buttons and do it themselves and remove the dead end that the limited on-board non upgrade-able sound system creates on these great models ,remove the opinion that I have seen many of saying/// I will just get a non sound and upgrade it with a non Bachmann/Soundtraxx product that many are offering that are blank and can be programmed to what ever loco or what ever you desire.Just a idea.Anybody have thoughts or a opinion on this?
Johnny

Bucksco

Most Bachmann diesels are sold in "DCC Ready" versions for those interested in installing a fuller function sound decoder.
There are no plans to offer diesel locomotives in the Spectrum line at this time.

brokenrail

Ok,  ;D Maybe someday, just not at this time is understandable with all the great standard line diesel coming out,  but at the same time a little disappointing.
Johnny