STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2019, 09:39:03 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Thomas & Friends in 2017
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19 Print
Author Topic: Thomas & Friends in 2017  (Read 133437 times)
JLK2707

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 06, 2016, 03:49:55 AM »

Yeah, I just hope they do the following for 2017:

HO Scale:

1. Paxton
2. Sidney
3. Redesigned tidmouth milk tanker
4. Redesigned sodor fuel tanker
5. Troublesome truck 6 (should be a tanker)
6. Charlie or Billy

Narrow gauge:

1. Sir Handel
2. Passenger coaches

Large scale:

1. Edward
2. Diesel
3. Mavis
4. Henrietta
5. Duck or Oliver
6. Yellow open wagon or red branchline coaches (composite and brake)

Duck and Oliver were suggested due to the gwr rolling stock in the large scale range.

What do you think of my suggestions?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 03:52:59 AM by JLK2707 » Logged
Thomasfan39

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 06, 2016, 02:18:50 PM »

Well the episode I mentioned in my previous post has come out on Amazon (As did the rest of them), and it didn't feature anything I said I'd hope was in there. (Black James, Green Thomas). You'd think I'd be disappointed. I'm not, as the episodes were flat out spectacular. I'm not going to describe the plot of the episodes in anyway, as I don't want to spoil anything, but I'm actually going to add on to my list with the changes I'd like to see to existing models.

-Donald and Douglas get their nameplates moved up.
-Diesel's side rods get a colour scheme, rather them be all plain metal. (Previously I said they should pick the white center, or make them all black.)
     -In the one and only appearance of Diesel of these new episodes (Where we can clearly see his wheels), there was this gem of an error: (http://i.imgur.com/o7hyy0Q.png)

Now like I said, that definitely seems to be an error, as only one of them have turned chrome, but until we see Diesel again, as far as we know, maybe the other two being black is actually the error. Either way I certainly prefer the Chrome centers with black rods. That really pops, as compared to the white centers with silver rods, and it most definitely stands out compared to everything being all completely black.

I just painted diesels rods black.
Titanic5972

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 06, 2016, 02:56:58 PM »

Yeah, I just hope they do the following for 2017:

HO Scale:

3. Redesigned tidmouth milk tanker
4. Redesigned sodor fuel tanker

Why do they need to redesign the tankers?
thomasj219

Thomas Will Be Coming Down Our Track Forever!!

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 07, 2016, 04:44:44 AM »

Maybe to the CGI? I really hope they don't do this to be honest. I prefer the old ones and why waste the time on it?

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 07, 2016, 02:00:41 PM »

What would you think of Bachmann giving Bill and Ben red wheels?

My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Ryan, Sidney, and Norman.
thomasj219

Thomas Will Be Coming Down Our Track Forever!!

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 08, 2016, 08:01:36 AM »

I mean...I prefer the black but I don't really dislike the red. As long as I have a pair of the originals I'm fine.

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.
SeanrailAnimations

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: October 23, 2016, 10:40:06 AM »

My suggestions for 2017:

HO

Locomotives:
Paxton
Re-released Salty
Porter
Stanley
Hiro

Rolling Stock
Hopper Wagon (With Slate Load)
China Clay Wagon (With Clay Load & Hood)
Ffarquhar Quarry Wagon (With Stone Load)
Re-released Flatbed
Re-released Gordon's coaches
Sodor Fruit & Vegetable Co. Van
Explosives Van
CGI Milk tanker
CGI Fuel Tanker
Henrietta (Updated with Face)

Vehicles
Trevor

Buildings
Sodor Steamworks
Motorised Watermill
Sodor Shipping Company Warehouse
Duke and Duchess of Boxford's Summerhouse

HO Narrow Gauge
Sir Handel (If going by engine number)
Rusty or Duncan
NG brake vans
NG coaches
douglas

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 24, 2016, 08:42:32 PM »

All I care about is Bachmann getting Rheneas "right" after his release being pushed back this far.

Also, no more Diesel clones, please. They're a waste of time and release slots that could go to other characters.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 08:45:43 PM by douglas » Logged
douglas

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 24, 2016, 08:50:57 PM »

HO Narrow Gauge
Sir Handel (If going by engine number)
Rusty or Duncan
NG brake vans
NG coaches

Bachmann's NG rolling stock are clones of Peco's 009 scale (British equivalent of N scale) models. Cheaper, and a better selection as well. Check out Hattons UK.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 24, 2016, 09:12:55 PM »

The only reason why I can imagine that they are taking more time with Rheneas than they did with Skarloey last year is so they have a larger quantity in their warehouse so more people can have the model when it comes out.  Skarloey clearly sold better than Bachmann had thought last Christmas since the model kept selling out constantly from their warehouse/online shops whenever a new shipment of models arrived.  I imagine they wanted to avoid that with Rheneas so that more people can get him at the same time without having to wait for the next shipment.  Regardless, I'm sure they will get Rheneas "right" just like they did with Skarloey.

Also, a Bachmann representative confirmed that the slate wagons will not be based on the Peco tooling, hence why the price is a lot lower than last years NG stock.  So if this is the case, it is entirely possible that narrow gauge coaches and brake vans will be new toolings too.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 09:29:17 PM by Chaz » Logged
AJW98Productions

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 26, 2016, 12:48:27 AM »

Also, no more Diesel clones, please. They're a waste of time and release slots that could go to other characters.
They're cheaper to produce for Bachmann, and can turn around a nice profit for them, I wouldn't exactly call them a waste of time.

Also, I recommended using the "modify" button for you posts, it can stop double posting and makes the topic appear more neat.

Why do they need to redesign the tankers?
They don't need to, as such...but considering Bachmann has already updated a few tankers and the Red Mail Coach...I wouldn't exactly say it's unlikely...plus that way, at least all their wagons would match the CGI series, I could understand the logic behind updating the tankers...not saying that it's an "absolute must", just that I understand the logic behind it.

The only reason why I can imagine that they are taking more time with Rheneas than they did with Skarloey last year is so they have a larger quantity in their warehouse so more people can have the model when it comes out.  Skarloey clearly sold better than Bachmann had thought last Christmas since the model kept selling out constantly from their warehouse/online shops whenever a new shipment of models arrived.  I imagine they wanted to avoid that with Rheneas so that more people can get him at the same time without having to wait for the next shipment.
That's not the first time I've heard that theory, and I believe it's completely logically sound, so if I were a betting man, I'd have my money on that theory. I think you hit the nail on the head there, Chaz.

I would state my predictions for next year...but I think I've made them clear enough already...and I wish not to drone on and on like a broken record. I do have a piece of advice to all members, though. When posting here, please be reasonable to each other, and especially with the opinions of others (the latter point has drastically improved recently, thankfully), and please by realistic with your predictions made, after all, Bachmann isn't Learning Curve, they can't make too many products in the same year, they also probably won't make characters for the sake of merchandising. Then again...I was wrong on that last point in regards to Rosie...and some of this year's other products...so who knows?

Just my two cents.

~Alex
douglas

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2016, 10:01:11 AM »

Alright, well, I'll post what I think is realistic for Bachmann in 2017. Haven't followed the TV series in ages, so if I'm missing someone/something big, please by all means point it out.

HO
one of the class 08s they haven't made yet
Winston

N
Sir Handel
Blue/Cream Narrow Gauge Coach
Green/Cream Open Coach
Guards Vans (Blue and Brown)

G
Edward
Express Coaches
Properly-scaled Bertie
SeanrailAnimations

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: October 28, 2016, 11:53:58 AM »

Alright, well, I'll post what I think is realistic for Bachmann in 2017. Haven't followed the TV series in ages, so if I'm missing someone/something big, please by all means point it out.

HO
one of the class 08s they haven't made yet
Winston

N
Sir Handel
Blue/Cream Narrow Gauge Coach
Green/Cream Open Coach
Guards Vans (Blue and Brown)

G
Edward
Express Coaches
Properly-scaled Bertie
which HO class 08 would be best: Splatter and Dodge, Sidney or like I stated, Paxton? And what HO rolling stock, vehicles and building were you thinking of?
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2016, 05:32:27 PM »

If they do a recolor with Diesel's tooling it would either be Paxton and/or Sidney because Splatter and Dodge haven't been used since Magic Railroad.
HLC Railroad

Steam Locomotive Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2016, 05:39:45 PM »

Paxton most likely, more screen time.

With all these people building their own replica Thomas characters, soon we may have no choice but to have 4K Thomas and Friends remakes.

Thomas:Done | James:Recently Complete | Sir Handel:Finished | Gordon: Needs Paint and Eye Mechanism | Henry: Cad and Chassis

Need I say more?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: