Previous topic - Next topic

JLK2707

Yeah, I just hope they do the following for 2017:

HO Scale:

1. Paxton
2. Sidney
3. Redesigned tidmouth milk tanker
4. Redesigned sodor fuel tanker
5. Troublesome truck 6 (should be a tanker)
6. Charlie or Billy

Narrow gauge:

1. Sir Handel
2. Passenger coaches

Large scale:

1. Edward
2. Diesel
3. Mavis
4. Henrietta
5. Duck or Oliver
6. Yellow open wagon or red branchline coaches (composite and brake)

Duck and Oliver were suggested due to the gwr rolling stock in the large scale range.

What do you think of my suggestions?

Thomasfan39

Quote from: JD417 on October 04, 2016, 10:04:12 PM
Well the episode I mentioned in my previous post has come out on Amazon (As did the rest of them), and it didn't feature anything I said I'd hope was in there. (Black James, Green Thomas). You'd think I'd be disappointed. I'm not, as the episodes were flat out spectacular. I'm not going to describe the plot of the episodes in anyway, as I don't want to spoil anything, but I'm actually going to add on to my list with the changes I'd like to see to existing models.

-Donald and Douglas get their nameplates moved up.
-Diesel's side rods get a colour scheme, rather them be all plain metal. (Previously I said they should pick the white center, or make them all black.)
    -In the one and only appearance of Diesel of these new episodes (Where we can clearly see his wheels), there was this gem of an error: (http://i.imgur.com/o7hyy0Q.png)

Now like I said, that definitely seems to be an error, as only one of them have turned chrome, but until we see Diesel again, as far as we know, maybe the other two being black is actually the error. Either way I certainly prefer the Chrome centers with black rods. That really pops, as compared to the white centers with silver rods, and it most definitely stands out compared to everything being all completely black.

I just painted diesels rods black.

Titanic5972

Quote from: JLK2707 on October 06, 2016, 03:49:55 AM
Yeah, I just hope they do the following for 2017:

HO Scale:

3. Redesigned tidmouth milk tanker
4. Redesigned sodor fuel tanker

Why do they need to redesign the tankers?

thomasj219

Maybe to the CGI? I really hope they don't do this to be honest. I prefer the old ones and why waste the time on it?
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

TrainFan97

What would you think of Bachmann giving Bill and Ben red wheels?
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

thomasj219

I mean...I prefer the black but I don't really dislike the red. As long as I have a pair of the originals I'm fine.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

sean1994rail

My suggestions for 2017:

HO

Locomotives:
Paxton
Re-released Salty
Porter
Stanley
Hiro

Rolling Stock
Hopper Wagon (With Slate Load)
China Clay Wagon (With Clay Load & Hood)
Ffarquhar Quarry Wagon (With Stone Load)
Re-released Flatbed
Re-released Gordon's coaches
Sodor Fruit & Vegetable Co. Van
Explosives Van
CGI Milk tanker
CGI Fuel Tanker
Henrietta (Updated with Face)

Vehicles
Trevor

Buildings
Sodor Steamworks
Motorised Watermill
Sodor Shipping Company Warehouse
Duke and Duchess of Boxford's Summerhouse

HO Narrow Gauge
Sir Handel (If going by engine number)
Rusty or Duncan
NG brake vans
NG coaches

douglas

All I care about is Bachmann getting Rheneas "right" after his release being pushed back this far.

Also, no more Diesel clones, please. They're a waste of time and release slots that could go to other characters.

douglas

Quote from: sean1994rail on October 23, 2016, 10:40:06 AM
HO Narrow Gauge
Sir Handel (If going by engine number)
Rusty or Duncan
NG brake vans
NG coaches

Bachmann's NG rolling stock are clones of Peco's 009 scale (British equivalent of N scale) models. Cheaper, and a better selection as well. Check out Hattons UK.

Chaz

The only reason why I can imagine that they are taking more time with Rheneas than they did with Skarloey last year is so they have a larger quantity in their warehouse so more people can have the model when it comes out.  Skarloey clearly sold better than Bachmann had thought last Christmas since the model kept selling out constantly from their warehouse/online shops whenever a new shipment of models arrived.  I imagine they wanted to avoid that with Rheneas so that more people can get him at the same time without having to wait for the next shipment.  Regardless, I'm sure they will get Rheneas "right" just like they did with Skarloey.

Also, a Bachmann representative confirmed that the slate wagons will not be based on the Peco tooling, hence why the price is a lot lower than last years NG stock.  So if this is the case, it is entirely possible that narrow gauge coaches and brake vans will be new toolings too.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

AJW98Productions

Quote from: douglas on October 24, 2016, 08:42:32 PM
Also, no more Diesel clones, please. They're a waste of time and release slots that could go to other characters.
They're cheaper to produce for Bachmann, and can turn around a nice profit for them, I wouldn't exactly call them a waste of time.

Also, I recommended using the "modify" button for you posts, it can stop double posting and makes the topic appear more neat.

Quote from: Titanic5972 on October 06, 2016, 02:56:58 PM
Why do they need to redesign the tankers?
They don't need to, as such...but considering Bachmann has already updated a few tankers and the Red Mail Coach...I wouldn't exactly say it's unlikely...plus that way, at least all their wagons would match the CGI series, I could understand the logic behind updating the tankers...not saying that it's an "absolute must", just that I understand the logic behind it.

Quote from: Chaz on October 24, 2016, 09:12:55 PM
The only reason why I can imagine that they are taking more time with Rheneas than they did with Skarloey last year is so they have a larger quantity in their warehouse so more people can have the model when it comes out.  Skarloey clearly sold better than Bachmann had thought last Christmas since the model kept selling out constantly from their warehouse/online shops whenever a new shipment of models arrived.  I imagine they wanted to avoid that with Rheneas so that more people can get him at the same time without having to wait for the next shipment.
That's not the first time I've heard that theory, and I believe it's completely logically sound, so if I were a betting man, I'd have my money on that theory. I think you hit the nail on the head there, Chaz.

I would state my predictions for next year...but I think I've made them clear enough already...and I wish not to drone on and on like a broken record. I do have a piece of advice to all members, though. When posting here, please be reasonable to each other, and especially with the opinions of others (the latter point has drastically improved recently, thankfully), and please by realistic with your predictions made, after all, Bachmann isn't Learning Curve, they can't make too many products in the same year, they also probably won't make characters for the sake of merchandising. Then again...I was wrong on that last point in regards to Rosie...and some of this year's other products...so who knows?

Just my two cents.

~Alex

douglas

Alright, well, I'll post what I think is realistic for Bachmann in 2017. Haven't followed the TV series in ages, so if I'm missing someone/something big, please by all means point it out.

HO
one of the class 08s they haven't made yet
Winston

N
Sir Handel
Blue/Cream Narrow Gauge Coach
Green/Cream Open Coach
Guards Vans (Blue and Brown)

G
Edward
Express Coaches
Properly-scaled Bertie

sean1994rail

Quote from: douglas on October 28, 2016, 10:01:11 AM
Alright, well, I'll post what I think is realistic for Bachmann in 2017. Haven't followed the TV series in ages, so if I'm missing someone/something big, please by all means point it out.

HO
one of the class 08s they haven't made yet
Winston

N
Sir Handel
Blue/Cream Narrow Gauge Coach
Green/Cream Open Coach
Guards Vans (Blue and Brown)

G
Edward
Express Coaches
Properly-scaled Bertie
which HO class 08 would be best: Splatter and Dodge, Sidney or like I stated, Paxton? And what HO rolling stock, vehicles and building were you thinking of?

Chaz

If they do a recolor with Diesel's tooling it would either be Paxton and/or Sidney because Splatter and Dodge haven't been used since Magic Railroad.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Captain Crutch

Paxton most likely, more screen time.
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!