News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas & Friends in 2017

Started by TrainFan97, February 29, 2016, 03:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTTEfan1992

Well from what happened last year with that, we should see Bachmann's new announcements this Friday 2-17-17, because it's the day before the New York Toy Fair this year. The catalogs will be released too, but we'll most likely not see them until a few days after the last day of the Toy Fair unless, if you find a model train show to go to around the date of the Toy Fair. Then possibly, you can purchase one at a train show. Last year, Bachmann didn't upload their catalogs on their website until a few days after the last day of the Toy Fair. Therefore, from when the New York Toy Fair is this year, the catalogs most likely won't be uploaded to their website until either 2-24-17, or 2-25-17.

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Anyone thinking Bachmann might release this engine next?

Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Chaz

The announcements will most likely be posted on Friday, based on their recent track record.

At this point I'll be happy if we see Sir Handel and another new tooling of new rolling stock for narrow gauge, (coaches in particular).  The only characters I would buy in HO would be ones they haven't done from the first four seasons, most of which aren't likely anyways.

Anyone else have any last minute predictions/thoughts?
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Daisy/any S1-4 character we don't already have is unlikely to be very honest. Off-topic but- Chaz, I know you've been against Rosie from the beginning. Seeing her model are you swayed at all? I wasn't a huge fan either but it's a pretty smart engine...

Chaz

Daisy hasn't had a ton of merchandise out since her return, only one and that was just this year so I imagine if Mattel is taking charge of what Bachmann announces then I won't get my hopes up as I said earlier.  However, I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'd be willing to bet on someone else in HO like Charlie, Stanley, or you know... Paxton. :P

My thoughts on Rosie are in another thread, so let's keep that discussion there.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

donaldthescottishtwin

Trevor is all I really want Daisy would be welcome since a model of her so long overdue(looking at you Hornby). Anyway it's pointless speculating because we all know deep down its going to be Phillip.

Captain Crutch

I would love to see Hiro, Stanley, Charlie and/or Sir Handle announced. They're all amazing options. Only time will tell who will be chosen and I'm not saying that those are the options, just what I'd like to see. I'd especially like to see a character like Furgus or Arthur but they haven't been seen since the model series so there's next to no chance.
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!

DinoNTrains

Just want to hear opinions, but since we have the narrow gauge line underway, is it possible we could get Mr. Percival this year?
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

I'd say that since the HO figures are actually scaled for large scale, having one made for the tiny narrow gauge engines doesn't make much sense.