Started by TrainFan97, February 29, 2016, 03:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheeky_ULP

Darn, I got all excited for a second...

thomasj219

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

TerencetheTractor525

Hi guys!

I'm new to the Bachmann Forum and am excited to give you my predictions for the Thomas range in 2017.

HO Scale:
Redesigned James (with moving eyes)
Hector

Narrow Gauge:
Narrow Gauge Sir Handel
Narrow Gauge Coach (Red)
Narrow Gauge Brake Van (Red)
Narrow Gauge Brake Van (Light Brown)

Resin Buildings:
Ffarquar Station
Sodor Cottage

Sodor Scenery:
Coal Hopper

Large Scale:
As I do not collect the large scale range, I'll leave that to the large scale people ;)

Reasons:
Redesigned James:
I believe that this is a new product that has already been confirmed and will definitely look terrific.
Hector:
I think that Hector would be a great choice for multiple reasons. First, he is a coal hopper which unlike any other piece of rolling stock made by Bachmann. Second, he has a face. Honestly, all children love the Thomas products with faces. As a result, I can see him selling extremely well. Lastly, he would go great with the Redesigned James and Rosie since Rosie played a significant role in the episode "Hector the Horrid" and James played a major role in "James Works it Out". If Bachmann can make a character such as Jeremy, then they can certainly make Hector as well.  :)
Narrow Gauge Sir Handel:
He's #3. That's all I have to say  ;)
Narrow Gauge Coach & Narrow Gauge Brake Van (Red):
I really think that red coaches and brake van would go very nicely with Sir Handel. He has been seen many times with them and have really played major roles in many of the episodes such as "Four Little Engines" and "A Smooth Ride".
Narrow Gauge Brake Van (Light Brown):
This piece of rolling stock has been seen all the time throughout the television series. Also, we need it so that the box vans, open wagons, and slate wagons can be delivered safely.
Ffarquar Station:
This station is in extremely high demand and is probably the most significant station on Thomas' branch line.
Sodor Cottage:
Here's a link to the cottage I am talking about: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/ttte/images/1/1f/MindthatBike13.png/revision/latest?cb=20160113202919
This is one of my personal favorites. It has been seen many times throughout the television series including behind Maithwaite Station which Bachmann has already made. It would also look great on any layout. I can see it selling very well. It really would be nice if we got at least one resin building next year as we did not get any for this year.
Coal Hopper:
The Coal Hopper would be another home run. It would go great with Hector and can be made out of the nice black plastic that Bachmann made the Round Water Tank out of.

Thanks again for reading my predictions and I cannot wait to hear what you guys think.  :)

Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Chaz

Most of those suggestions seem pretty reasonable to me.  The Sodor Cottage is a bit of a random choice but it seems that some of the resin building announcements have had a pretty diverse track record, so it's tough to say.  It'd be interesting to see how that one would do in terms of sales.

Probably the only thing that I don't see happening is Hector since he hasn't been used all that much and was last seen in season 12.  Even though I'm sure Mattel thought Jeremy was a good idea for non-rail character diversity, he got a pretty negative response on here when he was first announced since he has a pretty small following.  The only reason why he sold well (according to a former user on here), was because Tower Hobbies was stocking up on him like crazy since they specialize in airplane models a lot more than trains.  So Bachmann making Jeremy isn't exactly a good reason of why Bachmann should do Hector. :P
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Captain Crutch

Hector might be too tall. He was bigger than the engines in the series so that'd probably be an issue too. As much as I'd like to see him it doesn't seem likely.
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!

TerencetheTractor525

Hey Chaz and HLC Railroad!

Thanks for commenting! You guys are absolutely right. Now that I am really thinking about it, Hector would probably not seem likely. He is too tall and may not sell as well as I think since he is not in high demand. Maybe Paxton or another Troublesome Truck would be a better option ;).
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Captain Crutch

Quote from: TerencetheTractor525 on August 04, 2016, 09:11:52 PM
Hey Chaz and HLC Railroad!

Thanks for commenting! You guys are absolutely right. Now that I am really thinking about it, Hector would probably not seem likely. He is too tall and may not sell as well as I think since he is not in high demand. Maybe Paxton or another Troublesome Truck would be a better option ;).
Yes, we need a tanker troublesome truck, and it's never a problem. I'd love Hector to be a car Bachmann makes but as you said he's too tall. Also I like the idea of Paxton. He'd probably sell better than Rosie will.

james p

HO:
(Any one of the engines)
Stephen
Conner
Caitlin
Stafford
Hiro

Rolling stock-
CGI Troublesome Truck
CGI Box Car
CGI Brakevan (any version)
CGI Express Coach
CGI Express Brake Coach
Stephen's Special Coach #1
Stephen's Special Coach #2
Connor's Special Coach
Connor's Special Brake Coach
Caitlin's Special Coach
Caitlin's Special Brake Coach

Accessories-
Tidmouth Goods Shed
Small Goods Shed
Reg

HOn30:
Sir Handel
Peter Sam

Rolling stock-
Coach (Blue)
Brake Van (Blue)

Trainboy100

By the way do any of you guys know that toad is out now because i saw him two week's ago at the greensburg train show :D

Thomasfan39

Quote from: Trainboy100 on August 15, 2016, 06:45:59 PM
By the way do any of you guys know that toad is out now because i saw him two week's ago at the greensburg train show :D

I've known that I got it for Valentine's Day from my dad right when it came out.🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂

T-F_H-O_OBSESSION

Any reason Bachmann wouldn't release Victor in H-O scale in the near future ???

Captain Crutch

Quote from: T-F_H-O_OBSESSION on September 19, 2016, 07:38:09 PM
Firstly he's a narrow gauge engine. Secondly there are other characters that have been around longer they could make. Thirdly he's not exactly the most popular engine and doesn't add much to the current lineup so I doubt they'd make him for a while atleast, and if they do then it would be in HOn30, not HO.

T-F_H-O_OBSESSION

Quote from: HLC Railroad on September 19, 2016, 09:46:40 PM
Quote from: T-F_H-O_OBSESSION on September 19, 2016, 07:38:09 PM
Firstly he's a narrow gauge engine. Secondly there are other characters that have been around longer they could make. Thirdly he's not exactly the most popular engine and doesn't add much to the current lineup so I doubt they'd make him for a while atleast, and if they do then it would be in HOn30, not HO.
Thank you HLC Railroad

Captain Crutch

Not a problem. It's not commonly known that he's narrow gauge and hard to see unless you really look. It took me a while. I'm always glad to fill those with new knowledge.

Rickenbacker 325

I know that James was confirmed to be remade with the right colors but I have a few ideas on what will happen other than with just a color match.

1. I was able to get a brand new Thomas, Annie and Clarabel set for 70% off on a closing sale and noticed right away that the Thomas has a new motor as they have moved the screw from under the back box to the outside and made that box shorter, it also feels like it can pull more than my Christmas Thomas. It runs way smoother as well so I think the same will be done with James.

2. I also think that they will change the face to make it closer to the CGI series. On that note, all other companies that are making Thomas products have updated their engines with CGI faces. I feel like the same will happen with the main 7 over time. First being Thomas, Percy and James. Possibly the same with the TT's and A&C.

3. I was talking with a friend about this but if there was a complete redesign on Thomas, Percy and James, it would be sweet if they could fit in a DCC ready upgrade instead of the moving eyes or if they would come with DCC fitted. I have seen some people put DCC in theirs and they fit just fine.

Let me know what you think!