News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Street Car Lights

Started by DennisR, March 02, 2016, 01:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennisR

Just a quick question, have just picked up a ls street car 93928, date stamped inside end of box 6th Sep 14, looks unused, when I tested it only 1 of the running lights worked and none of the interior, was there a problem with the lighting on these ?

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Dennis,

I couldn't find that number in my database, but I did find the one below:

93938   UT Co   504   1990   Street Car   open, United Traction   P         yellow

The 93938 came out in 1990 and has been in the catalog continuously since then.   Yours is probably the latest run.

The lighting system has generally not been a problem on these, and there have been no recent problems reported that I could find. 

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

DennisR

Thanks Bill, your number is the one, must learn to check my typing before sending. Do these not come with any instructions etc., can't be to difficult to dismantle.

Loco Bill Canelos

Dennis,

It is not overly difficult to disassemble, if you are into such things. when working on a new project, my method is to bag and label each part I remove and take a photo as I go to make it easier to get things back together using the right screws in the right place.  You will find a lot of great info on your Trolley on George Scheyer's tip page.

Check it out, good photos of the wiring for the lights:

http://www.girr.org/girr/tips/tips9/trolly_tips.html

I definitely am thankful for George's efforts.

Have fun!!!

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

DennisR

Thanks again, excellent work by George.