News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

reading cv values

Started by diddydave, March 09, 2016, 02:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diddydave

Hi I have just purchased the Dynamis pro box, but I cannot read cv values, I just get error code 11. Could someone explain the correct procedure to read cv values please

Hunt

I will try to make time to find my Dynamis tech notes, which has the error codes.
The error codes are not in the Dynamis User Guide or Dynamis Pro Box User Guide.

Click Here to view video. 
About the 5:26 minute mark begins the sequence to program CV 63, which includes the CV 63 READ.

The item in [  ] is a press of the far right Action Key
[MENU]
  < Scroll
[PROGRAM]
   < Scroll
[PROGRAM ON SERVICE TRACK]
    Key the CV number
[READ]

AGSB

Some decoders cannot be read when "Operations Mode", "Programming on the Main" or however the manufacturer decided to call it. If you don't know, then it is always best to use the "Service Mode" (as Dynamis calls it) and do it on a programming track. It can be done on the main layout but be sure you remove all other locos from the track or they will all be programmed the same.

Hunt

CV Read is a feature of the DCC Command Station not the decoder.

To date,  NO DCC System can read any decoder CV when the DCC System is in Operations Mode programming method . Decoder CVs can only be read when the DCC system is in one of the Service Modes

Hunt

more . . . 

Some DCC systems when in Service Mode programming cannot reliably read the CVs of some decoders.

diddydave

Thanks for your help, I was trying to read values on main track not the service track. The YouTube video was excellent. Thanks again for you help diddydave 

Trainman203

Hunt says: 

To date,  NO DCC System can read any decoder CV when the DCC System is in Operations Mode programming method . Decoder CVs can only be read when the DCC system is in one of the Service Modes

I say:  I have NCE Pro Cab wireless. I exclusively program on the main.  And I can read the values after I enter them for a length of time, at least 15 or 20 minutes before they disappear.

Hunt

Quote from: Hunt on March 10, 2016, 08:54:42 PM

I will try to make time to find my Dynamis tech notes, which has the error codes.
The error codes are not in the Dynamis User Guide or Dynamis Pro Box User Guide.
. . .

Hunt

Quote from: Hunt on March 10, 2016, 08:54:42 PM

. . .

Dynamis Error Code 11 - Reading Error

Hunt

Quote from: Trainman203 on March 11, 2016, 11:19:02 AM
Hunt says: 

I say:  I have NCE Pro Cab wireless. I exclusively program on the main.  And I can read the values after I enter them for a length of time, at least 15 or 20 minutes before they disappear.

You are not reading the CV value in the decoder. The decoder CV value does not disappear. If it did the decoder would not function properly if at all.

Hunt

An aside,

Quote from: Trainman203 on March 11, 2016, 11:19:02 AM
. . .
  I have NCE Pro Cab wireless. I exclusively program on the main. 
. . .

Trainman203,

Once PROGRAM ON THE MAIN is selected are you then  selecting and using BROADCAST PROGRAMMING (Option 0) to do your decoder programming?

If so, that is not a recommended method to use on a regular basis as it requires removing all locomotives except the one to be programmed from the layout.