News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Tidmouth Turntable

Started by Titanic5972, March 07, 2016, 03:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titanic5972

Hi all

Does the turntable provided with Tidmouth sheds stop at each shed road as you turn the handle or die it turn continuously until you stop turning the handle?

thomasj219

It stops at each spot until you spin the winch three times.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Titanic5972

UPTODAY

Some where on this forum is a demo of the tidmouth sheds.It shows the spring loaded doors on the shed rubbing on the engine as it goes in and out.That might be a bad thing over time.
JUST SAYING
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

Titanic5972

Yeah I wouldn't have thought it would be very good for it. I'd remove the springs personally.

Anthony P2

Its actually not bad. The springs don't put a lot of force on the doors to remove any paint or details. I haven't had any issues.

Rickenbacker 325

The doors are not actually spring loaded... They are just centered by gravity. They are very light so with does not do damage to the Thomas loco's, in fact, I have ran the NKP heritage unit, K4 and NKP 765 through the doors and there have not been any damage to the locos.

UPTODAY

Thank you ,everyone, for clearing that door thing up.I ended up getting the Atlas round house and turn table(which I customized)I have been happy with them.
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

Sparky66

I'd thought I would go ahead and ask my question here, since we are talking turntable and shed here.  I have a regular HO scale layout, and I plan on getting the Bachmann motorized HO turntable, does anyone know if the shed lines up to motorized turntable tracks and if it does....  can you extend the stalls? (have more then what is shown?)  I just want a cheap way of adding a turntable and round house.

Thanks.

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Quote from: Sparky66 on March 28, 2016, 05:52:19 PM
I'd thought I would go ahead and ask my question here, since we are talking turntable and shed here.  I have a regular HO scale layout, and I plan on getting the Bachmann motorized HO turntable, does anyone know if the shed lines up to motorized turntable tracks and if it does....  can you extend the stalls? (have more then what is shown?)  I just want a cheap way of adding a turntable and round house.

Thanks.

The turntable is not motorized, if that is what you are asking.
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Rickenbacker 325

Yes and yes. Bachmann sells add on stalls for the sheds.

Sparky66

Quote from: Original James on March 28, 2016, 08:32:34 PM
Quote from: Sparky66 on March 28, 2016, 05:52:19 PM

Thanks.

The turntable is not motorized, if that is what you are asking.

Not what I was asking....  But thanks.  I was asking...  I have the HO scale motorized version not the thomas one..  and I wanted to know if the stalls would work with that for my regular HO Scale layout, since Bachmann doesn't make a roundhouse for their motorized turntable.

Sparky66

Quote from: Rickenbacker 325 on March 28, 2016, 09:33:56 PM
Yes and yes. Bachmann sells add on stalls for the sheds.

Do you know the maximum amount of stalls then?  I'm so glad that this will working my regular motorized bachmann turntable.  They need to make two version of that Thomas roundhouse, leave one the way it is, and then paint one red, for those who use EZ track.  Now I can have a roundhouse.. woot.

Chaz

The Bachmann Tidmouth sheds allows up to 12 stalls, meaning the most expansion packs you can add on is seven.  

Source:

http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=258_259_260&products_id=1739
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.