Thomas and Friends Layout Discussion

Started by LittleWesternAdventures, March 09, 2016, 01:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleWesternAdventures

Hey guys, since there has been a lot of pictures posted of people's incredible layouts, I thought it'd be great if everyone could post pictures of their work here, along with asking questions and sharing ideas for layouts.

LittleWesternAdventures

BTW, I myself will be posting my progress with my new setup that I'll be working on this year. I have a few ideas that I'll be experimenting with that I'll be sharing as I test them out.

UPTODAY

Great idea!!!!can't wait to post some photos!!!!!(when I figure out how to do it!!!)
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

BassTbone

LittleWesternAdventures

Very nice progress!! Out of curiosity, where did you get that engine shed?

BassTbone

It is a Ratio OO shed.  I cut it down to be on Skarloey's level. 

Cheeky_ULP

Looking great there Michael. Really like the slate wagons too. Was the track plan based off anything specific?

Been working on my narrow gauge layout, not much but it's a start;

Added couplers to my current stock too.

And playing around with OO scenes as well:

(I need some distant signals for the gantry)

The scene should look familiar:

LittleWesternAdventures

That's great Sparks! Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

LittleWesternAdventures

Does anyone have any tips in regards to scratch-building stations? I currently plan to build Tidmouth Hault and Haultraugh and I've done some research of my own on how they should look and how I should go about making them, but I was wondering if anyone else had done similar station scratch building.

The two stations appear on Duck's branchline near the seaside and have fairly similar designs.

Haultraugh images
-TV series: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/ttte/images/0/07/Bulgy%28episode%2933.png/revision/latest?cb=20121205205525
-Railway Series: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/ttte/images/7/7c/BulgyRS3.png/revision/latest?cb=20160228163456

Tidmouth Hault
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/ttte/images/6/6d/Oliver%27sFind.PNG/revision/latest?cb=20091018183504

My plan is to mix the Railway Series design with the TV series. It'll probably be a rather ambitious summer project, but I definitely want to give them a shot.

Chaz

The forum has been fairly quiet as of recent, probably due to the major lack of news on upcoming products.  I figured in the meantime, I would post some new layout photos on here and anyone else can start posting new photos on here too if they would like.  Here are some recent photos I took of my layout the other day when I had the day off from work.

If anyone would like to see more photos or other models from my collection, let me know.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

DinoNTrains

Nice collection Chaz! Please share more!
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Anthony P2

Been trying to redo the layout for a while now. finally settled on a Awdry-esque layout with models resembling their real life counterpart and locations from the RWS. I'll be using some 3D printed stuff from SCC and various shops on Shapeways, as well as a majority of my current Bachmann products (buildings, accessories, etc.). I'll be including Tidmouth station, Tidmouth Sheds, Tidmouth Harbor, and Crovens Gate station. Hopefully I'll have enough room to include everything i want to! Do to lack of funds, modeling has been put on hold for a little while! LOL! Will keep you guys updated!