News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Instruction Sheet

Started by Penn1974, March 12, 2016, 05:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penn1974

I would like to know how to obtain a manual for a Bachmann steam engine. I had to send a older one in for warranty and they sent a replacement that I am happy with but would like to have some paperwork for this engine. I have looked at Hoseeker but it only has a parts breakdown. The engine is a Overland 4-8-4 non DCC.

Jhanecker2

To Penn1974  :   have you checked in the  Parts , Service  & Information section of this webpage .  Look in the section of standard HO engines under Overland  Sets .    See if that satisfies  your needs  , there isn't  always a lot of information on  standard DC   engines .  John2.

mabloodhound

Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

Penn1974

Thanks to both of you who responded. I have looked at those items. What I was hoping to find was a sheet listing how to maintain the loco in regards to cleaning, oiling and using the smoke unit. I am trying to set up a binder with all the info that the various locos, accessories , buildings and track that I have so that in the future my grandchildren would have some info on all items of my layout.

Len

The original instructions that came with the 1990 Overland 4-8-4 can be seen here:

http://hoseeker.net/assemblyexplosionbachmann/bachmann484overlanddiagram1990.jpg

Lubrication instructions from the other side (typos and punctuation are from the original):

QuoteLUBRICATION AND MAINTENANCE

Proper lubrication is important BUT IT MUST NOT BE OVERDONE. Your local Hobby Dealer will recommend the proper lubricant. Grease is recommended for gears and lightweight oil for axles and bearings. Apply oil by dipping the end of a toothpick into the oil and applying just one drop to wheel bearings of cars, locomotive and side road screws of steam locomotive. Wipe off excessive oil. Too much lubrication can cause slipping drive wheels or even short circuit. LUBRICATE CAREFULLY. BE SURE LUBRICANT IS COMPATABLE WITH PLASTIC. Check for any dirt of lint between the brush and armature, and also between the pick-up strip and wheels which can cause a "jerky" operation.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.