E-Z Command Smart Interface !!!

Started by JimInMichigan, August 28, 2015, 01:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimInMichigan

The new E-Z Command Smart Interface looks awesome!
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/docs/E_Z_Command_Smart_Interface.pdf

But I have a question. The brochure states " just plug in to the E-Z Command 44902 ", but I own the 44901. Please tell me I won't have to upgrade.

This is a sweet option for us E-Z Command users, but I am worried about what the price will be. Having it's own WiFi I'm afraid means its not going to be cheap.

I have been thinking of buying a SPROG3 ( $120 ) and using JMRI mainly for the wireless controls with a tablet. But this new interface option, if priced right, would be easier to use.4

Hunt

Quote from: JimInMichigan on August 28, 2015, 01:42:38 PM
. . .
But I have a question. The brochure states " just plug in to the E-Z Command 44902 ", but I own the 44901. Please tell me I won't have to upgrade.

. . .
You won't have to acquire a 44902. (BTW a 44902 is not an upgrade to the 44901)

Squallywally

i have been wanting to go wireless for quite a while and have been looking at other systems.
This changes everything!
I can't wait, hope it is out soon!
Any projections when the smart interface will be available?

GSXR1000

I am also waiting for the Smart Interface, can some one at Bachmann let us know when to look for it??

Most people I have talked to had no idea that Bachmann even had this...

rogertra

I'm waiting for wireless controlled battery powered locomotives.

There's a company in the UK currently developing a commercial system.

It will be like DCC but powered by small, rechargeable, on board batteries.  Problem they have now, because they are a UK company,  they need to design a battery small enough to fit inside UK tank engines.  The UK railways used a lot of tank engines.  Not just as yard engines but as road power as well.

Imagine, no more electrical and wiring problems.  You can even use steel rails and let them go naturally rusty.  In fact, for little used spurs and sidings, the rails can be really rusty.

Can't wait for that day to arrive.

Cheers

Roger T.

JerryB

Quote from: rogertra on January 21, 2016, 10:36:38 PM
I'm waiting for wireless controlled battery powered locomotives.

No need to wait. Lots of options here:

http://www.deadrailsociety.com/

Happy RRing,

Jerry
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources

GSXR1000

The Smart Interface is in the catalog now for 2016 however no one has it listed for sale yet, not even Bachmann.  :-\

Squallywally

I had found the app for the wifi smart interface at the apple App Store and had downloaded it. The app was very hard to find but I did. If you would like to download it early do a search for

Com.kader.EZCommandRSmart

There was an update on mar 15 and had what looked like to me mandarin writing. I then looked at Walther's it listed as well as other internet sites. Walthers has the $119 price tag with adv. res.

I found it at OmniModels for $79 and put it on Backorder. #44928.  So looks like the smart interface has some activity and we may see it in the near future!

Squallywally

Oh by the way, it's an iPhone app at the moment. You may not find it if you have the iPad only checked.