News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Terminal Joiners

Started by tpikebob, March 14, 2016, 06:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tpikebob

Can terminal joiners be used with ez track? If not is soldering still the best way to get current to track ? Also I have heard of new type glue which  connducts electric

Len

Yes, terminal joiners work with EZ-Track. The trick is getting the regular joiners off first.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

jbrock27

I concur Len's point, sometimes it can prove difficult to get EZ track joiners off without doing some damage to the rails. 

What kind of EZ track do you have tpike, steel or nickel silver?
Keep Calm and Carry On

James in FL

Len and Jim are absolutely correct, and it takes a bit patience and a gentle but firm hand so as not to pull the rail from the ties.

Not my intent to hijack.
As an aside, and I don't know if it's a viable solution to your application, but FWIW Bachmann does sell terminal tracks both curved and straight, at least in N they do/did.

jbrock27

Quote from: James in FL on March 14, 2016, 08:45:51 PM
it takes a bit patience and a gentle but firm hand so as not to pull the rail from the ties

Exactly.  I have found that even taking the same patient approach does not always yield the same (positive) results and really think how easy or hard, it is to remove them depends on the manufacturing lot the EZ track comes from.  I have come across this and the only difference between the 2 pieces of contrasting difficulty is the serial #s, etc that are stamped on the underside of the track section.
Keep Calm and Carry On