News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

dynamis

Started by alanto, March 15, 2016, 01:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanto

Hi all,,,newbie here,thought some one on here could help with a problem,i have just bought dynamis + pro box + receiver extension and 3 hand sets for a very large loft layout,thing is the dynamis infra red signal is hit and miss,trains keep on running and all sorts of things happen when signal drops out,,,,any ideas please.

Hunt

Try --

Turn off any LED lights used to light the loft.

alanto

i dont have led lights but tried turning off lights and everything else in there....still same

Hunt

Contact Bachmann Service Dept.

Click Here for Service Department Policies and Contact Information

roundhouse foreman

Dynamis is line of sight so raise the transmitter as high as possible to keep the handsets in view at all times. If you turn away from the transmitter and block the signal to the controller the engines will stop in a set amount of time from loss of signal.
And of course wheels and engine pick ups are free of debris the track is clean and uninterrupted by bad connections which would also cause erratic stops from loss of power to the chip in the train, tell-tailed by erratic or blinking headlights lights.
Something to at least check out if you already haven't

RHF

alanto

I have found the problem,not reading the booklet properly,it does state not to use power to track with resistors connected,ive used the hornby power track,just removed the resistors and hey presto,everything perfect.....thank you all for your input anyway ..much appreciated

HoModeler

Quote from: alanto on March 20, 2016, 05:39:40 PM
I have found the problem,not reading the booklet properly,it does state not to use power to track with resistors connected,ive used the hornby power track,just removed the resistors and hey presto,everything perfect.....thank you all for your input anyway ..much appreciated

I was going to suggest reading the manual... But glad you got it fixed

Hunt

Alan,
Which Hornby Power Track were you trying to use with Dynamis?
       R8602 or R8241 or if another identify it

alanto

R8206,by accident i knocked off the plastic cover and saw the resistor

Hunt

Quote from: alanto on March 23, 2016, 02:09:26 PM
R8206,by accident i knocked off the plastic cover and saw the resistor

Thanks for the info.

Did some checking and see most stockists (but not Hornby website) list

• Hornby R8206 Power Track - For analogue (non DCC use) only.
  • Hornby R8241 Digital Power Track - For use on all Hornby Digital track layouts.

Do not know if the R8241 is compatible with Dynamis.

alanto

After some checking it does say for analogue but it worked perfect with my ez command,so thought no more about it
As i said,only found it out by accident

alanto

The track power clip R602 has a small resistor inside it too