93397 NP&S Lighted North Pole Christmas Tree Farm Boxcar

Started by Loco Bill Canelos, March 15, 2016, 08:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi all,

Wade Colyer just alerted me to a new boxcar for sale at Trainworld.  It is not in the catalog for 2016 or any earlier catalog.  The car seems to be a standard big Hauler boxcar with a christmas tree embossed on the left side as displayed in the ad. it is said the lights on the tree blink on and off.

http://www.trainworld.com/manufacturers/bachmann/bachmann-93397-christmas-lighted-box-car-with-blinking-christmas-tree-lights/

Since there was no announcement I am wondering if any of you out there or the Bach-man, or Yardmaster can tell us the story behind this new offering.  Was it made just for Trainworld?? 

Any help to get the info will be appreciated for the historical record I am keeping.

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Bucksco

The car was originally done for the Frontgate mail order catalog company.

Loco Bill Canelos

Thanks Yardmaster,

Do you know what year it was made for them??

Bill

Loco Bill Canelos

Thanks Again Yardmaster,

I have added this item to the historical database.

This car is a must for Bachmann Collectors and Christmas collectors.  To all who want one I suggest you get one since it is a limited run item the Frontgate item page is:

http://www.frontgate.com/night-before-christmas-train/711612

Either scroll down to the boxcar, or click on "view the collection"  They say the have a very limited quantity left.

As far as Trainworld goes I really can't say what quantity they have, but the price is right. 

Bill

Wade Colyer

Thank you very much, Yardmaster. That's all great info. I could just see Loco Bill and I trying to find that info 5 years from now!

Wade

Wade Colyer

The mail lady just dropped off my 93397 car from Trainworld. It's in a standard Bachmann red box with the standard label numbered 93397 on one end and a small computer printed label with the Frontgate number 149107 on the other end. There is a small sticker on the underside of the car with K150904 (Kader?) on it.

The car is track powered with flat brass wipers on each wheel flange. The tree on each side has 8 different colored LEDs that flash 2 at a time at a slow rate that looks good. The doors are glued shut and I didn't try to remove the top for fear I'd I break it. The lettering is crisp and the paint is good as is usual for Bachmann products.

This would look good in any Christmas train and great in the Sam's Club set that had the LEDs on it.

Wade