News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Anniversary Edition 4-6-0 Searchlight

Started by RkyGriz, March 29, 2016, 11:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RkyGriz

Hi everyone. I removed the tender plug from the tender that came with the battery operated #7 Santa Fe  locomotive's tender and installed it in the tender for my Anniversary #25 Virginia & Truckee locomotive. This allowed me to install the searchlight from my # 14 Anniversary Edition locomotive onto the #25's tender and I now have a full Virginia & Truckee Anniversary Edition locomotive and tender! I also installed a 5mm, 12 volt LED in the searchlight housing. This has been wired to only operate when the locomotive is going in reverse, which is how I believe they come new from the factory. The original lens on the searchlight fell out and was lost. I replaced it with a clear , round glass rock ( like those on the bottoms of flower vases ) . This fits the housing perfectly with the exception of being flat on one side and rounded on the other. I placed it round-side out in the searchlight housing and it looks pretty cool. I made a short video showing it in operation and posted it on youtube. You can watch it here:
https://youtu.be/YtdsTdrUkyo
I hope that you'll enjoy the video! Hit me up with any comments or suggestions and let me know what you think of my handiwork.
Later,
Andrew