News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New spectrum F7s

Started by RGW, May 07, 2016, 12:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGW

I have been building a set of 4 Milwaukee road F7s using Bachann F7s and Older spectrum(black gear) drives and plus chassis converted to dummies (white split gears ) I bought one more used spectrum F off feebay. I tested it with out removing the shell and thought it was the older spectrum until it ran,it is so quit and smooth and after removing the shell found out why it is  the new DCC drive.

It is tempting to convert all of my Fs to this new drive.   

Side note,I run DC and the speed range of this engine is very close to my china made atlas engines.

Nice job Bachmann

Desertdweller

That sounds encouraging.  I haven't tried this latest version, although I have accumulated several Bachmann F-units over the years.  Some died with split white gears, and one had a bad armature that would swipe the motor frame.  I have one remaining that I use.  The rest of my F-units are Rapido, Con-Cor, Intermountain, and Kato.

Good for you for modelling the Milwaukee!  I've covered many miles in Milwaukee Road F-7s, F-9s, and FP-7s.

Once I got a cab ride in an ex-UP F-9.

Les

RGW

I will post a photo when I have weathered them.

brokemoto

The latest issue of these are excellent runners on either DC or DCC.  I do not use DCC.

I did manage to fry the decoders in both of my latest issues of these.   Fortunately, it is possible to remove the decoder and wire the thing to run.  This is not the first time that I have fried a B-mann decoder on DC.