News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Custom Models

Started by J70Toby, May 01, 2018, 04:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70Toby

Then my two bigger projects. The first is a huge Dragon!

And it's covered in lights!

The next is a Lady who's as precious as gold. My first custom engine.

TerencetheTractor525

Very nice work on the customs! They look very appealing.
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

J70Toby

Red Tender 5

Hello all, this is my first post on the forum.

I have always loved the Sodor Line caboose, and I wanted to recreate it in OO.

The caboose is a marriage of a Bachmann bobber caboose and an Airfix wagon chassis. In the first iteration of the model, the caboose was glued on top of the wagon chassis and the buffers glued to the caboose frame. I decided this wasn't good enough, so for the second iteration I slimmed down the wagon chassis as much as I could, lopped the buffers off the bufferbeam, and glued them to the caboose end sill.

CB&Q red and Locomotive Black were airbrushed on, and Microscale decals "Providence & Worcester" were used for the letters. This decal pack had all the letters necessary except "L" which was created by cutting off one side of a "T."

The handrails and buffers were hand-painted with silver paint, which is a subtle nod to the wooden railways caboose that inspired this project.

You can even see the caboose sneak into some of @chaz's Ryan photos

N Scale Sudrian

That's an excellent model, Red Tender. I'm surprised Bachmann haven't already announced a "Sodor Line Caboose" to accompany their upcoming Beau. Your refit of their existing bobber is proof it'd be a hit, ha ha ha.
N Scale modeler. Primarily interested in UK and US outline stock, as well as the "Thomas" line.
Hoping for Henry, Edward, and Mavis...

Chaz

As I've said earlier Kelson, both in person and messages, I love your Sodor Line Caboose model.  It's a fun unique piece that brings in nostalgia for those that collected the Thomas Wooden Railway line back in the 90's and early 2000's with a creative method on how to make it work with OO Thomas equipment.  You may need to purchase Beau when he comes out and add him to your collection!
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

JacobSK

Welcome to the forums, Kelson! Glad to have you aboard. And what a way to make a good first impression! I adore your Sodor Line Caboose. Your lettering is crisp and clean, and honestly, looks like a "what if" fantasy prop from the show.

Looking forward to seeing what you've got in store for us!

Red Tender 5

Thank you for the warm welcome! I look forward to sharing more projects when I finish them.

BubbleBuddyFan

I need to make 3D Printed Splatter and Dodge while using Bachmann Diesel/Grumpy Diesel Chassis at some point in the future. I just got HO Jupiter and Caboose in the mail for last year. I will make Beau out of HO Jupiter at some point in the future. I didn't get a chance to get 3D Printed Thomas Things from Shapeways on August 13, 2022 in 2 years ago. When I was sad, disappointed, rude and naughty to My Mom on August 13, 2022 in 2 years ago. I will stop for 3D Printed Thomas Things from Shapeways for next time at some point in the future.