News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Large Scale Thomas

Started by Large Scale Champion, March 23, 2016, 06:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaz

I really like the set up, it looks really nice seeing the wagons and tankers lined up together in the yard like that.  The signal box especially looks really nice over there too.  Glad to see that the public enjoyed the setup too. :)
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Large Scale Champion

Just had a surprise... Found out that there is a 4th figure in the range... It's an exclusive conductor/guard in the Salty HO set! So bored of waiting for new product we've bagged the set ;-). It's the little things sometimes... But a welcome addition to our collection.
Edward or Duck Next & Please give James some coaches to pull he's getting cranky! P.S. Henrietta? Cattle Wagon or Mail Car for the wagons.

Large Scale Champion

Edward or Duck Next & Please give James some coaches to pull he's getting cranky! P.S. Henrietta? Cattle Wagon or Mail Car for the wagons.

Plow_Bender

Hey there everyone,
I've been collecting large scale Thomas models since 2010 with my first product being the large scale Thomas, Annie, and Clarabel set.  I've got probably just a small handful of the models from the range and also models from Bachmann's Big Hauler and Spectrum ranges.  I've also got a few Lionel, LGB, and Aristo Craft models as well.  Just last winter my collection of large scale trains expanded so much that I actually built a shelf layout for around my room.  The shelf itself is done, but I still need to get more track to finish building the layout around it.  I also upgraded from steel alloy to brass track.

Although I can't show everything I have at the moment, here are a couple of the Thomas models I have in my collection.  You'll notice I have switched from hook n' loop to Bachmann knuckle couplers to make my Thomas models compatible with other models in my collection.  Questions and comments welcome.

-Rusty
"If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it..."

Large Scale Champion

Here on Ruby's Railway having completed all available large scale offerings, whilst we wait, the temptation for custom coaches draws us in yet again...
Coaches for James would be a nice obvious choice..

Easy 4 Comp

Trickier 5 Comp like in "James and the Coaches"
and now an interesting addition...

Toby's Museum Coach from "Toby Feels Left Out
Keen to know others thoughts, we currently have a spare Annie & Clarabel and Set of Emily's Coaches for kit bashing but I'm keen to add value. We've considered the Old Coaches as well and I'm also musing weather to create a version of the Works Unit.

Large Scale Champion

This on the Ashburton Railway is a great example of custom building, however I wouldn't risk the red coaches myself, as they are a hopefully obvious choice for Large Scale by Bachmann (Hopefully).

Large Scale Champion

Fantastic Inclusion in the June Newsletter is that 98015 Ice Cream Wagon is released!
This is the first wagon in the Box Wagon mold and a welcome addition to the fleet..
Now it's in the US I wonder how long before it appears in the UK?

JD417

Just wondering if anyone here has gotten the Ice Cream Wagon yet, as I'm curious to see the detailing on it, but I'm not ready to buy it myself, yet. :P

Cheeky_ULP

I think Thomas fans are more excited for the upcoming liveries of the LMS box car van wagon than they are the ice cream wagon. This ones gonna be a real melter...!

sodorlad

Ice cream is ready, just need the weather to match!

In the process of unpacking from a move, so test run will have to wait for now!
Botheration...

JD417

Those look pretty nice actually.
The colour seems to be improved from the HO model but it's not as yellow as it should be.. (The Cream Tanker shares that same dilemma)
And the details are fixed as well (The HO one actually had a bit too many of those line things on the end)

Are the Ice Cream logos 3-dimensional, or are they just painted on the sides?

sodorlad

Next to the white of the milk tanker, it does have a yellowish hue, as does the cream tanker - but you're right, it's a little on the ivory side.

There is some nice 3D moulding of the doors, but the ice cream logo is painted over this.
Botheration...

Chaz

http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=6476

http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=6474

Images of two of the new vans are up on the website.  The Great Western van is the nicest one out of the bunch, I can also see it selling better than the ice cream wagon too.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

donaldthescottishtwin

That Great Western van is definitely beautiful.