News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Large Scale Thomas

Started by Large Scale Champion, March 23, 2016, 06:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sodorlad

I like the vegetable one... I like the colour of the other one... But why on earth does it say GW???? Why not NW, or better still, plain? Bizarre.
Botheration...

Large Scale Champion

My Daughter is excited by the Ice Cream Van but I'm looking forward to the Explosives Van.
This is a welcome addition and the choice of doing the GW Van gives hope for Duck, Oliver or even Toad.
Really hoping for another loco next year.
Edward or Duck Next & Please give James some coaches to pull he's getting cranky! P.S. Henrietta? Cattle Wagon or Mail Car for the wagons.

JD417

Well it seems the likelihood of Henrietta getting a Large Scale model may have increased.
A new coach character to debut in Season 20 is going to be very similar to Henrietta.
So, like the whole Clarabel using Annie's tooling situation, even though they're different, may be used here.

(This is apparent. No photos yet. The writer confirmed this via email, one can only hope at this point.)

Anthony P2

new coach character? are you talking about Bradford the Brakevan?

JD417

Fairly certain a a Welsh brakevan doesn't look like Henrietta. :P

I shouldn't really be spreading this around, but there's no recoil or anything from this, so why not.

The coach's name is supposedly 'Hannah'. Starring in the episode "Hasty Hannah". The episode plot seems to basically be 'When Henrietta needs to go to the steamworks to get repaired, Toby gets a relief coach, Hannah, in replace of Henrietta.'

Cheeky_ULP

DinoNTrains

Quote from: JD417 on July 20, 2016, 04:14:57 AM
A new coach character to debut in Season 20 is going to be very similar to Henrietta.

If that's so, is it possible that it's going to be like a bogied version of Henrietta. I say this because the TTTE Wiki says that in an annual, Henrietta has a sister who is like her, but with bogies.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Anthony P2

Quote from: JD417 on July 21, 2016, 01:39:01 AM
Well, the only character so far that is going to be introduced is said brakevan. Sometimes people confuse names of things by mistake (like calling a brakevan a coach). In addition, there was no citation on where this "Hannah" information has come from. I checked SiF and the Wiki and could find no info about the new character. Some people love to spread rumors to create drama in the fan base. Sometimes, people don't always find out news immediately if their not on all social media sites. This info could have been made up by someone wanting attention, it could have been from a picture or tweet on Twitter, a comments section on YouTube or Facebook...the list goes on. I'm not accusing you of spreading a rumor, I'm just helping you by saying to add a link or a picture of some sort to where you get this info from.It's just for future reference to avoid people from thinking your spreading rumors.  

Kemptown Branch

Quote from: Anthony P2 on July 21, 2016, 02:29:53 PM
there was no citation on where this "Hannah" information has come from.

Fairly certain that he said it was confirmed by a writer via email.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

Anthony P2

Quote from: TrainMan2001 on July 21, 2016, 04:11:03 PM
Fairly certain that he said it was confirmed by a writer via email.

Oh well in that case it must be true!  ::)
So where is the email? Who was it from? Who was the email to? Where did the email surface? on Twitter? Where is the link to prove that this info is correct?

You're not getting what i'm trying to say. How do I, as well as everyone else, know where he's getting this info from? For all I know, he could be just saying that. I could easily say something similar.

It was confirmed in an email from a writer that Bear will be introduced in the next special.**
**He's not. it's just an example. Please DO NOT start this as a rumor.
See how easy that was?

It's hard to believe something without a source supplied for people to confirm that a rumor turns out to be a fact. People might be a little skeptical when believing something when a reliable source is not present to back up the info. it hasn't surfaced yet on the Wiki or SiF, both of which are reliable sources. All that need to be supplied is a link just so everyone can say "Oh ok. He seems to be right about the new character." Only reason why Bradford wasn't a rumor is because it practically appeared everywhere and was confirmed. I'm not trying to pick a fight. I'm just trying to help JD417 so that people don't think he's starting rumors by not supplying a link to a source and to prove a point that you can't always believe everything you hear or see on the internet.

JD417

I can't say everything, because that could get me in trouble with the Writer, the person who started the discussion with said writer, ect. If I could say everything, I would.

All I can say is it came from one of the people from the Wikia who also confirmed Bradford as a character, Who owns the character in the show, his episode bio, and who's going to be in the episode along with him. It's the same writer for both episodes too apparently.

Like I said, if I could tell all the details, I would. But I'd rather not be on people's bad sides.

Cheeky_ULP

If it was from an email with a writer working for HiT Entertainment, then even mentioning it on the forum without permission is violating the confidentiality agreement of email discussions with people who work at HiT Entertainment. I know this because I've emailed a staff member at HiT Entertainment before and they were kind enough to reply to my questions, but I still have to abide to the terms of agreement. The Wikia has done this as well, but since they post their findings on SIF and the Wikia, where HiT Entertainment has been known to and confirmed to have check occasionally, I'm gonna guess they had permission to do so.

The content of the episode doesn't matter to me, but by mentioning this content publicly without permission (and from the way you're wording your posts, it sounds like you don't), you're doing more damage than good, especially for future community members who wish to have their questions answered by the Thomas Team at HiT.

Loose lips sink ships. ::)

Captain Crutch

Yes please don't ruin it for people, emails are how we found out plenty of things. Also because this person is posting such things wouldn't it raise an alarm that it's fake. They're not agreeing to their terms. Kinda raises a red flag to me.
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!

JD417

Let me rephrase this. Everything I said was fine to say

but there's no recoil or anything from this, so why not.

The individual who was talking about it to other people, (the one who got the information to begin with) just wanted more information before they would make a page on the Wikia, or something. No contract breaking or anything, I just didn't want to get on his bad side if I 'ruined the surprise' before he was ready to bring it up.

In my original post, I brought up as much information as I needed to to bring my point across about an increase in the possibility of Henrietta, and that much information was fine to say.

I'm not spreading rumours, I'm not trying to create drama, I'm just stating that Henrietta has an increased chance if these emails from the writer turns out to be 100% true.

I apologize if this started something. Could we please get back on the topic.

thomasj219

What doesn't start something these days?  ::)
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.