STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2020, 03:17:22 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  B&O EM-1 Question before I buy
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: B&O EM-1 Question before I buy  (Read 1803 times)
Tyler

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2016, 05:11:23 PM »

Can your Baltimore and Ohio 2-8-8-4 EM-1 run with the EZ command controller or does it need the dynamis to run? It's my first time working with HO scale trains since I was about 8 or 9 years old, and im just starting to collect again, and since I just retired from collecting O scale trains the whole DCC thing is basically new to me since I normally work with a remote or transformer, and also it's the first time I can afford a locomotive that size so i need to know which set of power I need to buy before purchasing or asking for that locomotive for Christmas. Thanks ☺
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 05:37:07 PM by TripleTrack611 » Logged
the Bach-man
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 09:25:36 PM »

Dear 611,
It will certainly run with  EZ Command, but the address will  basically be 1-10..
Have fun!
the Bach-mam
Tyler

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 10:08:32 AM »

Thanks now I don't have to worry  Smiley
Hunt
?
MBB

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 12:59:55 PM »

The E-Z Command Control Center will operate the EM-1 DCC equipped with Tsunami Sound module. The E-Z Command Control Center, in Function mode, will turn on/off the sound assigned to Function F1 thru F8.  F10 will turn on/off the headlight.

However, addressing is not the only limit. You cannot program any CVs by user supplied number. Thus you cannot program a decoder reset, any CVs controlling and tuning the sounds,  tuning the motor control, use F11 breaking and more.
Hunt
?
MBB

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 02:14:44 PM »

For those that do not know   the Bachmann HO EM-1 as sold is DCC ON Board (DCC decoder equipped). For sound, the decoder factory installed is equipped with 21 pins to accept a sound module, which is made by SoundTraxx and sold by Bachmann. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: