B&O EM-1 Question before I buy

Started by Tyler, March 25, 2016, 05:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyler

Can your Baltimore and Ohio 2-8-8-4 EM-1 run with the EZ command controller or does it need the dynamis to run? It's my first time working with HO scale trains since I was about 8 or 9 years old, and im just starting to collect again, and since I just retired from collecting O scale trains the whole DCC thing is basically new to me since I normally work with a remote or transformer, and also it's the first time I can afford a locomotive that size so i need to know which set of power I need to buy before purchasing or asking for that locomotive for Christmas. Thanks ☺

the Bach-man

Dear 611,
It will certainly run with  EZ Command, but the address will  basically be 1-10..
Have fun!
the Bach-mam

Tyler

Thanks now I don't have to worry  :)

Hunt

The E-Z Command Control Center will operate the EM-1 DCC equipped with Tsunami Sound module. The E-Z Command Control Center, in Function mode, will turn on/off the sound assigned to Function F1 thru F8.  F10 will turn on/off the headlight.

However, addressing is not the only limit. You cannot program any CVs by user supplied number. Thus you cannot program a decoder reset, any CVs controlling and tuning the sounds,  tuning the motor control, use F11 breaking and more.

Hunt

For those that do not know –  the Bachmann HO EM-1 as sold is DCC ON Board (DCC decoder equipped). For sound, the decoder factory installed is equipped with 21 pins to accept a sound module, which is made by SoundTraxx and sold by Bachmann.