changing engine address on spectrum dcc engine with mrc controller

Started by ewing railroad, April 03, 2016, 07:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ewing railroad

i have changed address on other engines with no problems, but this one ,bachmann spectrum dcc climax engine, won't respond except to factory settings. suggestions? i have a MRC prodigy system. Jim

Hunt

Jim, you have omitted a lot of needed information.

However the usual suspect is when Programming on the Main Track with one of the MRC Prodigy systems , the decoder will not allow changing the type of address currently in use. In other words, the decoder will ignore a change from a short address to another short address or from a long address to another long address.

Following is the workaround to the decoder's address type restriction when using Prog Main Track.

If you can run the locomotive using address 3, then with the locomotive not moving  and the MRC Cab is allowed to program on the Main Track select  Prog Main Track and follow the MRC instructions to program address 3 to address 1000.

Once programed, if you can run using address 1000,  now select Prog Main Track procedure and program address 1000 to the short  address you want. 

ewing railroad

thanks so much, that did the trick, it is strange that my bachmann 4 6 0 was easy to change the address, like all the other dcc engines i have now, only the Climax engine was a problem. thanks again, i will print this so i don't forget.