News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Young Railfans

Started by PRRThomas11, November 21, 2007, 10:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRRThomas11

Hey, I know most of the guys on this forum are under 16 and I wonder if you guys feel the same way I do. In school I NEVER discuss trains or ever let anyone know I know what a train is. Trains aren't exactly the "hot topic" in teenagers if you know what I mean. The only ones who know I have trains are my closest friends. (One of which is a railfan! He is probably the only one within a 20 mile radius. Who knew!) Do any of you guys have "Railfriends"? What do you guys think about this.

By the way I might get my "Railfriend" to join Bachmann Trains. Hopefully. Till then... have fun!

-PRR ;)

P.S.-Is there any girls on this forum? (Just out of curiosity of course.)
PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World" 

SuperD

Well, honestly, I'm 14, and I let my interest known. You have quite a good speculation on the subject.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I like trains. That's really the primary thing I tell people about me.

Still, trains, like you mentioned, aren't necessarily the first choice of topic in teens nowadays, so I can't say that I have any right now.

Plenty online railfans, none publicly.

douglas

Yeah, one of my best pals is a railfan. He's also a redneck, but that's immaterial.  ;D

Michael

One of my professors is a railfan.  I also have 3 or 4 friends who often ask if they can come over and run HO on my layout.

Anthony P

Quote from: PRRThomas11 on November 21, 2007, 10:20:04 PM
Hey, I know most of the guys on this forum are under 16 and I wonder if you guys feel the same way I do. In school I NEVER discuss trains or eve let anyone know I know what a train is. Trains aren't exactly the "hot topic" in teenagers if you know what I mean. The only ones who know I have trains are my closest friends. (One of which is a railfan! He is probably the only one within a 20 mile radius. Who knew!) Do any of you guys have "Railfriends"? What do you guys think about this.

By the way I might get my "Railfriend" to join Bachmann Trains. Hopefully. Till then... have fun!

-PRR ;)

P.S.-Is there any girls on this forum? (Just out of curiosity of course.)
WOW! :o You just decribed me. I keep my secret about Thomas & Friends to my closest friends too. And one of my best friends is a railfan but not as much as me and all of you guys. :D

alex wittman

i have a friend who likes trains and he is unembarrassed to tell every one in school

willb

heck, if rod stewart and frank sinatra can let the whole world know that they like model railroads............

Anthony P

Quote from: willb on November 21, 2007, 11:46:53 PM
heck, if rod stewart and frank sinatra can let the whole world know that they like model railroads............

ya that is true but we are talking about who and/or what the train is. T.T.T.E.& F. ;)

The Chaz Storm

What I do in my point of view in this situation is that I tell people at my school that I like trains.  I don't go into any specific detail, I only tell people who I have more trust in and who I know that won't make fun of me because of it.  So far, for me, it has been coming along really nice so far, I of course want to keep it that way. :)

max (uk)

Since i told some people in primary school, Its sota spread. Which corsed some ups and downs in the form of bullying. But in secondary (high school or whatever you call it) I found some one else who liked trains who lives in my town. But my thought is if people care about your somewhat 'nerdy' intrests then there not real freinds. I i can thankfully say i have plenty of freinds.

But i can also say i have alot of Rail fan freinds (Railfreinds :P) on the internet here and on youtube.

Corrie Thompson

I have a kid in my health class and hes such a jack (CENSORED).  I have a friend in health class who runs model trains.  The other kid thinks its cool that my friend runs trains but he says its gay that I run trains. :P

ThomasFan247

i only have 3 friends in school cos 1 of my x-friends told people that i like thomas and it just spread and spread.  :'( at all of the open houses my mom tells my teachers that i like thomas but they dont care cos i dont cause trouble in school.  ;D my only friends in school r my sister, my best friend nick, and my crush mallorie dechaine. mall and i have been friends since we were 1!  ;D

Corrie Thompson

Michael

Come on Corrie, was that nessesary?

Corrie Thompson