News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum three truck Shay

Started by memeicky, April 15, 2016, 03:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

memeicky

Hello Bach Man.
About one year ago I purchased a large scale spectrum 55 ton three truck Shay, item number 82699 with DCC sound from a gentleman on eBay. Everything looked fine during the visual inspection right after purchase. Almost a year later powering it up, I discovered that the middle truck is dead. I would like to  inspect, repair or replace the middle truck myself and I would like to find instructions on how to proceed.  I have removed the bunker behind the cab and inspected the PCBoard's. All of the wires and solder joints appear solid. Upside down with the other two trucks running, I get voltage across the orange and green motor wires  where they leave the PCBoard headed for the middle truck.  I am having problems finding disassembly instructions for this particular truck in order to get a good look at the contacts and wire attachments located between the bolster and frame. Can you help?
Kind regards,
Rick Walters

the Bach-man

Dear Rich,
Give the service department a call.
They'll do their best to help.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

A Trainman

Rick,
Have you tried looking in the "Parts, Service & Information" section of this web site?
Under "Product Reference" I found this link.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/82494.pdf

Hope this helps.

Adam

Loco Bill Canelos

The diagram for the middle truck is on page 10!
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

memeicky

memeicky

Quote from: A Trainman on April 16, 2016, 12:50:11 PM
Rick,
Have you tried looking in the "Parts, Service & Information" section of this web site?
Under "Product Reference" I found this link.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/82494.pdf

Hope this helps.

Adam

Thank you Adam! I will check it out.