News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Won't link to run

Started by mudhen, April 17, 2016, 12:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudhen

I have been a big fan of Bachmann's Narrow Gauge D&RGW engines.
I have just installed a Crest revolution, phoenix sound and a 14.8 volt battery for power and have hooked up everything as supposed to be.
even had my local dealer check the wiring.
Al switches are in the proper position,run, large scale, and battery.
Battery is connected to 12 volt power connector and wires from the wheels to main board have been disconnected.
When I try to link the revolution to the controller, nothing.
If I switch to track and turn on the battery, I hear sound out of the phoenix board through the speaker ?
When I place the switch back to battery, nothing again and the revolution will not link.
Any ideas about how to resolve this problem????.
And yes the engine is connected to the tender.
Thanks for all replies in advance, I really want to run this engine soon.

Hunt

an aside --

Which Bachmann large scale locomotive
4-6-0
C-19,  2-8-0 w/short tender or long tender
Or ??

mudhen

It's the 2-8-0 C-19 #345 with the short tender and Flying Rio Grande.

StanAmes

Try the following

1) put the locomotive on rollers and make sure the connections between the tender and locomotive are tight.

2) make sure the battery is connected to the 18 volt battery input and not the 6 volt input

3) Switch the battery switch to track

4) Put the DC dummy board in the socket

5) Switch the battery switch to battery, the locomotive should take off at full speed.

If the locomotive runs in this mode and not when the revolution is plugged in then it is a problem with the revolution.  If it does not run in this mode it is a problem with the locomotive

Hope that helps

Stan

Loco Bill Canelos

Mudhen,

My C-19 runs perfect when installed per the instructions and I also have the phoenix sound and same battery in it.   There is a possibility that the receiver is bad if when you activated the linking mode and the lights did not flash indicating the receiver was ready for linking.  There have been some past instances where the receivers have been bad from the factory.  I had one that was bad and my dealer replaced it, and told me he had several others that he tried to install that were bad.  this was about a year ago.   If you have a second receiver from another working locomotive you may want to try it in your C-19 and see what happens.  If this is your first installation of a Revolution please let us know, since there are other troubleshooting ideas if you are not experienced with the system.

Bill

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

grsman

mudhen
I had one engine that would not link no matter what I did.
It turned out to be a bad push button switch.
I replaced the switch and it linked fine.
Tom