Boston & Maine Passenger Cars

Started by tsched, April 24, 2016, 03:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsched

I realize I'm talking to a wall here and that the intent of this post is all about what I want, but...

Were/are the Boston & Maine F3 units good sellers?  If so, wouldn't it make sense to produce 60' streamlined passenger cars to match?  BM never painted any cars in that scheme but so what.. some variation of the blue, white, black colors would look awesome and make a beautiful train.  I'd buy them right now.

Can anyone hear me?   ;)

jpstrainyard

JP of Acton MA, USA writes:

if there was a high enough percentage of folks who are looking for those particular cars, then there is a chance that WBB would produce them.
I'm sure you could find B&M cars from other manufacturers, such as Lionel and MTH, for now.

By the way, don't think you are 'talking to a wall'. Folks Are Reading Your Posts, and if they have an idea or an answer, They Will Reply.

Sometimes I feel the same way - I post something, but then no one reads or replies to it. Do I post stuff like 'Hello, Is anyone there?' No I don't, because its really not necessary.

-JP
Sincerely: JP

phillyreading

Like JP mentions you would do better trying to find Lionel or MTH passenger cars. Right now WBB is not trying to compete that much with the other big companies or so it seems. WBB is trying to make a profit with the Williams line, so making something for only a few people is not in their financial best interest.

Lee F.

tsched

apparently everyone but me is allowed to make a joke on here or to wish out loud.

NSthoroughbred

Find some mostly plain aluminum Williams cars and repaint the letterboards with B&M.  These cars are easily repainted as well with a primer coat then whatever colors you want. I created my own Williams VIA Rail Canada set out of varieties of road names I found inexpensively.

In the case of Penn Central I bought Bachmann Williams F3's and then Railking PC pax cars.  They go great together and I have reliable Williams power assuring me decades of trouble free heavy running.

BTW...the B&M Williams F3's are truly pieces of art.  I am not into B&M but love these gems.  Favorites for sure!