News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Repaint Request (Rio Grande 4-6-0)

Started by Ted Yarbrough, April 25, 2016, 12:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted Yarbrough

Mr. Bach Man,
Sure would like to see some repaints of the 'Annie' 4-6-0 locomotive. Painted in the same schemes as the C-19 2-8-0's for Rio Grande would be most appreciated (Flying Grande and Moffit Tunnel heralds). These locomotives are CLOSE in size to the C-19 and would be excellent candidates for new paint. The new paint schemes would appeal to 1:22 and 1:20 scale modelers. I know new products are announced at the NMRA Convention, so put us on the request list and paint up some Rio Grande locos!
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

Chuck N

Ted

If they don't offer new paint and lettering, I have a suggestion.

Many years ago when the original 4-6-0 Big Hauler came out I repainted it and added Denver and Rio Grande Western lettering and the Moffet logo to the tender with decals.  It is now a shelf queen, but I can spot it on a siding to add to a scene.

It started off with Santa Fe lettering.  

For the past 10 years or so I have been using Stan Cedarleaf to make my decals.  He has an extensive library of existing RR lettering and logos and he will also help with custom lettering and logos.  I have used him for both types of lettering and I am very pleased with the results.  These are not Stan's decals, only because the conversion took place long before he started making decals.

His website is as follows.

<www.cedarleafcustomdecals.com>

Chuck

Ted Yarbrough

Chuck,
Thanks for the reply and photo. Loco looks great. I have done a few of these myself, in the past, but nothing is quiet as good as a factory paint job (in my opinion). I have used Stan's lettering in the past as well. I second your statement that he does good work.
Happy Rails To You,
Ted