STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2019, 03:53:16 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Bachmann Daisy Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: The Bachmann Daisy Thread  (Read 660 times)
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2019, 12:10:59 AM »

For the Toy Fair in 2020, Stepney would be a much more exciting announcement than LBSC Thomas, or Sidney. Although, LBSC Thomas would be a better Thomas repaint than Celebration Thomas was. I wouldn't care if Stepney gets delayed like Oliver. Unlike LBSC Thomas, Black James, or Sidney, Stepney would be another new tooling instead of another recolor. The past three years have been nothing but recolors/variations getting announced. I'm sure Bachmann is aware that we've been getting tired of recolors, but I also know that the budget for new toolings hadn't been there lately. With Bachmann releasing the HO Scale Thomas models in the UK, it should really help them make more engines with new toolings. Making new toolings that people actually ask for is certainly going to give Bachmann the sales they need. I wouldn't BET on another new tooling being announced at the Toy Fair next February, but it is the 75th Anniversary. I know what was just announced is already coming in 2020. There's a very good chance the 2020 Toy Fair announcements will be minimal, possibly with another recolor, but I'll be okay with it.

Daisy having silver windows certainly isn't going to be a dealbreaker at all. All the other diesels in the HO range have silver windows, but that doesn't bother me one bit. Besides, having opaque windows would hide Daisy's motors and eye mechanism. Both of Daisy's coupling hooks would be attached to her bogies no doubt, so any rolling stock that Daisy is pushing or pulling can turn tighter. She can finally pull that mail car she refused to take, or the milk she frequently leaves behind because of pulling being "bad for her swerves." The Railcar and the Coaches was the first time Daisy was actually seen pulling rolling stock.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 02:14:20 AM by TrainFan97 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: