STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 14, 2019, 12:03:36 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Narrow Gauge Modeling Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] Print
Author Topic: Narrow Gauge Modeling Thread  (Read 127276 times)
grandpuff

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: October 07, 2019, 06:33:56 PM »

Hello to All:

I have not been able to post any progress on my Sir Handel and Proteus project because I am still waiting for the powered chassis to arrive from N-Drive in the UK. It has been 3 months so far but I am being told that they are being assembled and should be on their way soon. We shall see how soon.

While I have been waiting for the Sir Handel chassis to get here I have been working on a model of Ivo Hugh. I had ordered a Fleischmann N scale 0-4-0 from Ebay but that loco was lost in the mail and there were no others available on Ebay. So I went to German Ebay and found several for sale there so I purchased two and they just arrived. The photos below show Ivo Hugh from the RWS illustrations for a reference.

Photo 1

The second photo shows the 3D printed body along with the Fleischmann 7000 Piccolo 0-4-0 chassis and the trailing truck assembly that I built.

Photo 2

The third photo shows the chassis and body temporarily assembled for track testing. By the way these Fleischmann locos are very smooth runners and the same chassis I used on my Duke model a few years ago.

Photo 3

All that remains to be done is the blue lining, adding head and tail lamps, engineer and fireman figures, and the name and number plates as soon as they get here from Narrow Planet. I will post a completion photo as soon as my model is finished and let you all know when my Sir Handel chassis arrive.

Enjoy,
Grandpuff
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 03:18:26 PM by grandpuff » Logged

Grandpuff
Thomas fan

The one and only.

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 10, 2019, 04:02:25 PM »

Nice grandpuff that looks amazing can't wait to so more updates on the narrow gauge engines.

I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.
STL

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 05, 2019, 12:42:01 PM »

Completed this some months ago. Bought a spare Skarloey bodyshell and running board and converted both to be in 1864 condition. It shares the same chassis as my normal modern-ish day RWS Skarloey, which has been upgraded with the NP kit cylinders, slidebars and motion. The body was stripped of paint, hand the handrail outline sanded down and smoothed, the smokebox handrail mold filed down and replaced with a proper handrail and knobs. The plate in the cab was grinded down and fitted with a 3D printed backhead. Skarloey was completely repainted and relined as can be seen.
Would post the photos direct to the thread but the forum is stupid and won’t accept any of the photos cause despite being shrink well below the limit, they’re apparently still too big.
https://twitter.com/tomthestl/status/1156593365644914688?s=21
Rodimus Supreme

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 05, 2019, 12:51:56 PM »

Completed this some months ago. Bought a spare Skarloey bodyshell and running board and converted both to be in 1864 condition. It shares the same chassis as my normal modern-ish day RWS Skarloey, which has been upgraded with the NP kit cylinders, slidebars and motion. The body was stripped of paint, hand the handrail outline sanded down and smoothed, the smokebox handrail mold filed down and replaced with a proper handrail and knobs. The plate in the cab was grinded down and fitted with a 3D printed backhead. Skarloey was completely repainted and relined as can be seen.
Would post the photos direct to the thread but the forum is stupid and won’t accept any of the photos cause despite being shrink well below the limit, they’re apparently still too big.
https://twitter.com/tomthestl/status/1156593365644914688?s=21

Nice custom! Usually the only way photos can be posted here is to host them on an image hosting site, such as Flickr for example.
Angelob6660

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 06, 2019, 03:06:48 PM »

You also planning to model 1880s which Skarloey is somewhat scratchbuilt?

The Ivo Hugh locomotive looks really good but it didn't bother me about the missing trailing truck since the prototype probably didn't have one.

You're work is superb.

"But I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden
STL

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 06, 2019, 05:07:29 PM »

You also planning to model 1880s which Skarloey is somewhat scratchbuilt?

The Ivo Hugh locomotive looks really good but it didn't bother me about the missing trailing truck since the prototype probably didn't have one.

You're work is superb.
Uh, I mean Skarloey was basically identical to how he was by 1866 well into the 1900s, unlike Talyllyn, Skarloey got a full cab when he got his trailing set.

And Ivo Hugh is pretty much identical to his basis Tom Rolt, which does have a trailing wheelset.
grandpuff

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 07, 2019, 06:40:56 PM »

Hello to All:

I have been able to make a little progress on my Ivo Hugh narrow gauge model and have added an engineer and fireman figures, both head and tail lanterns, and completed the blue lining on the locomotive. I am just finishing the throttle and linkage in front of the steam dome and the name and number plates are now on the way here from Narrow Planet. And yes, if you look closely you can see that the trailing truck is there, as was shown in an earlier photo.

As soon as the throttle and the name and number plates are installed I will be posting a few completion photos.

On another note I just received notice that my N-Drive power chassis' are on their way after a 4 month wait so I will be able to finally resume work on the Sir Handel engines for Chaz and myself in addition to the Proteus I am building for my narrow gauge collection.

More to follow soon,
Grandpuff
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 06:44:12 PM by grandpuff » Logged

Grandpuff
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: