STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 26, 2022, 07:00:56 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Narrow Gauge Modeling Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] Print
Author Topic: Narrow Gauge Modeling Thread  (Read 236965 times)
magiclamp

hi all!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #495 on: May 03, 2021, 03:39:57 PM »

Hey all, I'm thinking about making some narrow gauge engines of my own! I've designed my own Proteus/Sir Handel in 3D on my computer, and I'm thinking about using it to make an 009 Proteus. Should I get a bachmann Skarloey/Rheneas first to see if the size is for me, or should I dive in? If it's the latter, what chassis do you all recommend? (N-Drive, Bachmann Skarloey, etc.) Thank you all!

magiclamp

peace and love, all
JLK2707

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 28, 2021, 05:19:21 PM »

The Bachmann Skarloey chassis should just be fine.
magiclamp

hi all!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #497 on: July 01, 2021, 12:22:54 PM »

Hello all once again! Can anyone provide me with a head on view (preferably taken from far away zoomed in to counteract perspective) of the Bachmann Rheneas? I'm currently scaling some 3D prints and I want to get it just right. Sadly I don't have my own rheneas but that will come in time.

peace and love, all
TrainMan2001

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 25, 2021, 08:33:58 PM »

Hey guys, I don't know how many of you know about this, but there's a guy on Twitter who makes Series 4 faces for all of the Narrow Gauge engines Bachmann has released so far. His show is Rex's Funky Face shop on Shapeways. The are some for 009 models (meant for 3D printed shells) and Bachmann models.

He also mentioned that he may be prepared for whenever Peter Sam is released! Anyway, they are really amazing (and hopefully even better once painted) and I think you should check them out if you're at all interested!

Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.
magiclamp

hi all!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #499 on: July 27, 2021, 03:11:01 PM »

These are wonderful! Definitely going to grab these when I get the Bachmann NG engines myself. Thanks for showing!

peace and love, all
Mulfred100

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 29, 2021, 03:02:42 AM »

I recently got some faces too.

I need to redo a few and I seem to have misplaced two Rusty Faces but these really make a world of difference to what I can do on the layout. I have been having alot of fun with these. Again sadly I know these aren't the best but I will admit I'm not the best when it comes to painting small things. But heres a few of my favourite shots.

And of course I couldn't leave out the coaches

Lastly I was playing around last night with some lights for night time shoots. This was the result

Hope everyone is happy safe and healthy
Angelob6660

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 03, 2021, 06:34:35 PM »

I like your pictures. They look professional which I can't do. Really good work as always.

"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden
TrainCollector

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 18, 2021, 09:00:21 AM »

Who is excited for Peter Sam? I know I am! Heís currently on preorder with my job. I work at Family Hobby Center in Naples Florida. We sell tons of electric model trains in 4 different scales. We have HO, N, O and G scale. I currently have most of Bachmannís 2021 announcements on preorder. I just got Large Scale Paxton two weeks ago and Bachmann did not disappoint. Iím just hoping Peter Sam will be released before the end of the year. Thereís no doubt in my mind that Sir Handle will be the next Narrow Gauge Engine announced. He sounds like the most reasonable and obvious choice.
JLK2707

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 18, 2021, 09:41:22 AM »

I know I am! I just cannot wait to have him on my train set! Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: