News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Narrow Gauge Modeling Thread

Started by Chaz, May 07, 2016, 03:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoNTrains

All I can say is that I'm very, very impressed. Great work, ThomasFan247!
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

PasqualeCS96

Well done!! Can we see a comparison with an HO model or Bachmann Skarloey?

ThomasFan247

Thanks fellas! Here is a photo from back in December of Rex next to Thomas and Skarloey:

thomasj219

Looks fantastic! I for one would love a how to on Thomas' face.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

ThomasFan247

Thanks! Thomas' face mod, which utilizes Trackmaster's R/C flip-face Thomas face, was pretty simple. Using a Dremel, I cut the happy face from the alternate surprised face, and then I drilled out the eyes with the Dremel's drill bit attachment. From there I inserted Bachmann Thomas' eyes into the sockets and adhered them using a bit of tack, which allows me to pose the eyes however I desire. In order to fit on the front of Thomas' smoke box, I removed the eye mechanism and stuck the face on with more tack. Super quick, super simple - that is as long as you have the proper tools!

grandpuff

Hi Chaz and All;

I have tried unsucessfully for the past week to upload some photos of my Duke Project.

All I get is file too large or contact Administrator as upload file is full even though I have yet to successfully upload anything.

So for now I am giving up trying to post any photos.

I have finished assembling the loco and tender castings and have primed everything.

Next will be painting the under frames and loco chassis black which I will be completing today.

Then I will paint the loco and tender with the Krylon Boot Brown paint per Chaz, then stripping, nameplate, and Duke face.

Hopefully by then I can figure out what I am doing wrong in trying to post some photos.

I am getting excited about having a Duke model to go with Skarloey and Rheneas.

Grandpuff

Grandpuff

Chaz

Very excited to hear about your progress with Duke!  The best website that I use for uploading photos before posting them on here is tinypic.com.  If that doesn't work I'm sure there are other options available. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Metal

I upload my pics on photobucket and then post them on the board. I personally prefer that over tinypic.

grandpuff

Hi Guys:

I have been trying to use Photo Bucket with no success. I have created my account and have been able to upload a few files to Photo Bucket, but no success uploading to the forum.

I keep getting an error message that the file is too large so I have made the files less than 128kb as specified but still no luck.

Now it says that my upload file is full and to contact the Administrator.

I do not know why it says the file is full if I have yet to upload any photos.

I will continue my construction and hopefully can load some photos later.

So for now I have just given up.

With Photo Bucket, not with the Duke Project.

Grandpuff
Grandpuff

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Are you clicking the "copy link" button and then pasting that in between this: [ img][ /img] (without the spaces after the brackets)
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

grandpuff

Sorry Griffin I do not know what any of that means.

Grandpuff
Grandpuff

Duke

If you use tinypic you can just copy the link under "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards"

or with photobucket just copy the link under "Direct" and put your link between the two img's

Thomas - Henry - Percy/Toby/Emily - Spencer - Gordon/James - Edward/Mavis - Salty - Bill/Ben - Donald/Douglas - Diesel - Duck - 'Arry - Bert - Skarloey - Oliver - Rheneas/Rosie - Rusty

grandpuff

I still get an error message that my upload file is full and it will not let me do anything.

It says to contact the forum administrator however that is done.

Like I said I am done with this waste of time.

Grandpuff
Grandpuff

Cheeky_ULP

Are you trying to upload it from the Post function on the forum? That's not the same as Photobucket or TinyPic.

grandpuff

I was able to get the engine and tender painted Krylon Boot Brown today and I will let them thoroughly dry before I paint the smoke box, cab roof, and tender coal pile all black.

After that all that is left is to mount the loco chassis to the boiler, add the yellow stripping, handrails and stanchions, and then finish with the DUKE brass nameplates, and lastly mounting the Duke face to the smoke box.

I am continuing to take photos in case I am able to post them. Again the problem seems to be that the error message keeps saying that the upload file is full and to contact the Administrator and I see no way of doing so. I know you all are trying to help with your suggestions but it seems to be a forum issue that I cannot resolve.

Grandpuff
Grandpuff