News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Narrow Gauge Modeling Thread

Started by Chaz, May 07, 2016, 03:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainshockeylifE

Is anyone else concerned about the prototype of Rusty not being out yet, and there aren't any updates on him.

Cheeky_ULP

As long as it's not cancelled, I don't mind if they take their time with it.

Fingers cross it's closer to Midlander than it is CGI Rusty though.

Rodimus Supreme

Finger's crossed it's closer to Model Series Rusty than CGI Series Rusty.

Angelob6660

Quote from: TrainshockeylifE on May 18, 2018, 07:45:41 AM
Is anyone else concerned about the prototype of Rusty not being out yet, and there aren't any updates on him.

Yes I'm worried too. I have money reserved for him. I got to be careful that I don't spend it.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

Chaz

Quote from: TrainshockeylifE on May 16, 2018, 09:45:32 AM
Chaz, what type of track do you use?

Sorry I'm just now responding to this, but it's Peco track.  Highly recommended for OO9 modeling.

I think Rusty will probably be out by the end of this year, considering how long it took Rheneas to come out.  I'm surprised he hasn't been seen on display yet, but I'm sure he will be revealed eventually.  In some ways I'm relieved that he is still in production and not cancelled like the large scale Diesel.

On another note, my Minitrains Stainz locomotive arrived, planning on adding the chassis to my Duncan project soon.

Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TrainshockeylifE

Do you use setrack or streamline

Chaz

grandpuff

Chaz:
Glad to hear that you have received your Minitrains Stainz loco. As you can see the loco chassis is tail end heavy so the Duncan loco body will need some weight added. I used A-Line #13010 Moldable Lead Weight to fill the boiler of my Duncan which balances the loco out nicely. It is available at many railroad hobby suppliers. It is usually used to add weight to brass locomotive boilers. Looking forward to following your imspiring progress.

Recently purchased a Smudger loco from BassTbone. Very nice job Michael very happy to have it. I am expecting the name and number plates for both Duncan and Smudger very soon and I will post some more Layout progress photos including the new locos as soon as the plates arrive from Narrow Planet.

Very glad to hear of the early release of Paxton and Grumpy Deisel from Trainworld. Maybe the 6-30-18 release date for Rusty has some validity.

Grandpuff
Grandpuff

MoarCrossovers

I love those coaches. Are they the kits from Shapeways?
Do u kno de Grate Westarn Wae?

grandpuff

Yes both the blue and cream and the green and cream open coaches were built from Shapeways kits along with several of my freight cars. I use Peco OO9 couplers and pockets and Minitrains N scale wheels with these cars. The painting and detailing was done by myself. Glad you liked them.

Grandpuff
Grandpuff

Chaz

Well Duncan's chassis has finally been fitted.  Still waiting on his nameplate and number to come in, but I'm pretty happy with progress so far.  I also tested the chassis this morning and it ran great.

And of course there are pictures:

Slowly but surely coming together.

grandpuff

Hello to BassTbone and All;

Since there has not been much posted here for awhile I thought I would post a photo of my completed Smudger model that I purchased from BassTbone earlier. I have modeled Smudger as he appeared just before being turned into a generator loco outside the shed. I added the black and gold lining and name and number plates from Narrow Planet. I think that Smudger looks pretty good and hope you all do too. Thanks Michael.

I have also finished my Duncan model following Chaz construction postings on this list. I am looking forward to seeing the next progress posts and I will post a few photos after Chaz completes his construction series. Thanks again for your inspiration with this construction series as with your Duke model previously.

Also for those that have Rusty on backorder at TW, they just changed their expected date from June 30, 2018 to December 31, 2018 which is probably no surprise since there have been no updates or production photos yet.

Enjoy,
Grandpuff
Grandpuff

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: grandpuff on July 09, 2018, 10:23:01 PM
Hello to BassTbone and All;

Since there has not been much posted here for awhile I thought I would post a photo of my completed Smudger model that I purchased from BassTbone earlier. I have modeled Smudger as he appeared just before being turned into a generator loco outside the shed. I added the black and gold lining and name and number plates from Narrow Planet. I think that Smudger looks pretty good and hope you all do too. Thanks Michael.

I have also finished my Duncan model following Chaz construction postings on this list. I am looking forward to seeing the next progress posts and I will post a few photos after Chaz completes his construction series. Thanks again for your inspiration with this construction series as with your Duke model previously.

Also for those that have Rusty on backorder at TW, they just changed their expected date from June 30, 2018 to December 31, 2018 which is probably no surprise since there have been no updates or production photos yet.

Enjoy,
Grandpuff
:o OMG, that looks awesome, Grandpuff!! It literally looks so clean and detailed that it looks like Bachmann produced it themselves!!! Well done to both you and BassTBone!!!!

grandpuff

RodimusSupreme:
Thank you for your comments. In order to give credit where credit is due, first of all it is actually a Bachmann Rheneas model that BassTBone did an outstanding job of repainting and then sold it to me. All I did was complete the black and gold lining and install the Narrow Planet name and number plates. The only thing left to do is install the engineer and fireman figures as I have done on my other Narrow Gauge locos. A note to Bachmann, since you already have the Rheneas tooling someday you might consider doing a re-color of Rheneas and produce a Smudger loco. Of course this can wait until Peter San and Sir Handel are produced I would think.

Looking forward to adding Rusty to my narrow gauge collection.

Grandpuff
Grandpuff

Rodimus Supreme

Yeah, I saw it when you posted the plain green loco with new face after you got it. His paintjob and your steady hand with striping and name/number plates have made a factory-production quality custom! Wish I had that level of skill. :D