News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Narrow Gauge Modeling Thread

Started by Chaz, May 07, 2016, 03:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLK2707

Your models just look great Chaz! Keep up the great work! :)

mulfred-100

https://youtu.be/LGBL_1RiT_o
Very rough edit but here's a little remake clip featuring Rusty, skarloey and rheneas. Enjoy

grandpuff

SoCalBobS:

To insure that my comments to you are accurate I just went out to my Narrow Gauge Layout and re-checked my track grade measurements which vary slightly between 4 and 5%. My track radius varies between 9 and 11 inches. I first placed Skarloey on the track and observed that he could reliably pull about 5 cars. I then placed Rheneas on the track and observed that he could reliably pull about 4 cars probably due to the fact that Skarloey weighs a little more than Rheneas which results in a little more tractive effort.

I hope this helps you. Please post some layout photos when you are able. We all like to see layout progress photos here.

Grandpuff
Grandpuff

JLK2707

Chaz

Quote from: JLK2707 on May 19, 2019, 06:32:57 PM
Cool Job! ;)
Quote from: JLK2707 on May 21, 2019, 08:57:41 AM
Excellent job! :)
Quote from: JLK2707 on June 03, 2019, 04:54:23 PM
Your models just look great Chaz! Keep up the great work! :)
Quote from: JLK2707 on June 06, 2019, 05:39:57 AM
Great models grandpuff! :)

We got the message the first time you posted this. 

As we asked you before, please stop making excessive posts on the forum like this.  Literally almost every thread on first page of the Thomas forum is covered with last posts from you.  It's not only adding clutter but it's becoming an obsession on your end that's getting a lot of people annoyed with you on the forum.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

JLK2707

Sorry for that. I'll just try to limit it to once in a while.

grandpuff

What you really need to do is make your posts relevant or additive to the conversation or do not reply at all.

Thank you,
Grandpuff
Grandpuff

Plow_Bender

I know I'm not on here on a regular basis, but when I do log on I want to see what's new with Bachmann and/or what the hot topics are that people are discussing.  I don't log on to see people posting things like "Cool Job!" or "Neat models, keep up the neat work!".  As Chaz already pointed out Mr. JLK, literally almost every thread on the first page has the last response from you, and what you respond with hardly seems worth posting in the first place, especially when you're brining back old threads that haven't been posted in for months and responding to threads you already responded to before.

All these single word/sentence posts are unproductive, create unnecessary clutter, and in no way contribute to the forum.  It wouldn't be that big of a deal if it was just this one time, but you've been told about this before by several members and you still do it.  The last time people called you out on your posting you acted completely oblivious to what they were saying and didn't even acknowledged that anything was said to you at all.  Like Mr. grandpuff said in his post, "make sure your posts are relevant or additive to the conversation or do not reply at all.".  Put nicely, please stop with the unnecessary posts.

-Rusty
"If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it..."

JLK2707

Excuse me Grandpuff, have you ever considered buying an extra model of rheneas so you can make a custom model of Smudger?

MoarCrossovers

Quote from: JLK2707 on June 08, 2019, 12:05:43 AM
Excuse me Grandpuff, have you ever considered buying an extra model of rheneas so you can make a custom model of Smudger?
i'm pretty sure he or someone else already has.
Do u kno de Grate Westarn Wae?

SoCalBobS

Quote from: grandpuff on June 05, 2019, 07:51:53 PM
SoCalBobS:

To insure that my comments to you are accurate I just went out to my Narrow Gauge Layout and re-checked my track grade measurements which vary slightly between 4 and 5%. My track radius varies between 9 and 11 inches. I first placed Skarloey on the track and observed that he could reliably pull about 5 cars. I then placed Rheneas on the track and observed that he could reliably pull about 4 cars probably due to the fact that Skarloey weighs a little more than Rheneas which results in a little more tractive effort.

I hope this helps you. Please post some layout photos when you are able. We all like to see layout progress photos here.

Grandpuff

Thanks.  In the interim, I've acquired a Rheneas and a Gmeinder loco, installed some Peco Setrack and assembled a 5% grade oval using Woodland Scenics inclines.  My results were consistent with yours.  No problems, so my layout plan is viable!
Still learning, step by step.

JLK2707

Hey Grandpuff, if you have modified another bachmann rheneas into a smudger, could you please post the photos?

grandpuff

Jlk2707:

Go back and take a look at page 18 of this thread. My Smudger model was started by BassTBone and then sold to me to finish. I completed the black and gold lining, added the head and tail lamps, and added the name and number plates to finish the model. While at it you should go back and review all of the previous posts on this thread so that you will be informed of topics that the rest of us have thoroughly discussed weeks, months, or years before thus making it un-necessary for you to re-open these discussions.

Grandpuff

Grandpuff

mulfred-100

Hey everyone
So my layout is nearing completion so I thought it was time to make a little running video featuring Skarloey, Rheneas and of course Rusty.
https://youtu.be/6XD-jlgEpLo
Enjoy

Chaz

Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.