News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Narrow Gauge Modeling Thread

Started by Chaz, May 07, 2016, 03:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaz

Hey, the funny thing is, grandpuff and I were talking about some issues with our Peter Sam models not running very well....Looks like there is no need to worry too much about that one now!
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Sodor Engineer

I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

DucktheGWREngine08

Quote from: thomas fan on July 11, 2019, 05:39:48 PM
Quote from: Chaz on July 11, 2019, 04:44:12 PM
The NMRA is this week, so it's possible we will have an update on the coaches then, if not then maybe at some point late in the summer since that was around when we first saw a picture of Rusty.

If they were to get cancelled like the large scale Diesel did, they would be absent from the catalog and Bachmann's web store.  

I'm willing to bet that the coaches are going to be resembling the Talyllyn coach 4 tooling with the red coach basically being just that and the blue one painted in model era colors.

I looked on the Bachmann trains web site and there was no picture of the coaches[not even the model series or cgi]but a picture of the red Rosie,we can only wait and see.

The bachmamn website won't have a produxt on there until it is released, which the red rosie model is already available since it's just a repaint of the original rosie model.

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: DucktheGWREngine08 on July 13, 2019, 11:04:20 AM
Quote from: thomas fan on July 11, 2019, 05:39:48 PM
Quote from: Chaz on July 11, 2019, 04:44:12 PM
The NMRA is this week, so it's possible we will have an update on the coaches then, if not then maybe at some point late in the summer since that was around when we first saw a picture of Rusty.

If they were to get cancelled like the large scale Diesel did, they would be absent from the catalog and Bachmann's web store.  

I'm willing to bet that the coaches are going to be resembling the Talyllyn coach 4 tooling with the red coach basically being just that and the blue one painted in model era colors.

I looked on the Bachmann trains web site and there was no picture of the coaches[not even the model series or cgi]but a picture of the red Rosie,we can only wait and see.

The bachmamn website won't have a produxt on there until it is released, which the red rosie model is already available since it's just a repaint of the original rosie model.
Bachmann retooled Rosie to have the lamp she has with that new color scheme.

Kemptown Branch

I had the opportunity to go to the NMRA Train Show today, and I saw the Narrow Gauge coaches in the flesh. I can confirm that they will be two separate toolings and they are expected to start shipping around November 2019. I'm also excited about the announcements of Peter Sam and Daisy.

Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

Sodor Engineer

WOW I really thought that they were not going to make them but hey now we have narrow gauge coaches.
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

Chaz

Once again, Bachmann Trains has exceeded my expectations! Well done Bachmann on the coaches, they look fantastic!  Glad I have mine on preorder. :)
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TTL

I'm giggling like a little kid, I'm so excited for those coaches
Need me some Sir Handel and more Talyllyn stock.

TerencetheTractor525

WOW! So not only did Bachmann make an incredible new product announcement yesterday, but they also made the narrow gauge carriages using two separate toolings! This just goes to show that the Bachmann reps take our comments very seriously. The only small complaint I have is that the shade of blue they chose for the blue carriage is a little on the dark side, but other than that I'm very happy!
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

TTL

Nah that shade is perfect, closer to RWS, which is ideal frankly. Any word on when they'll be out? Hoping given how ready they look it'll be in the next few weeks.

Kemptown Branch

Quote from: TerencetheTractor525 on July 13, 2019, 10:05:01 PM
WOW! So not only did Bachmann make an incredible new product announcement yesterday, but they also made the narrow gauge carriages using two separate toolings! This just goes to show that the Bachmann reps take our comments very seriously. The only small complaint I have is that the shade of blue they chose for the blue carriage is a little on the dark side, but other than that I'm very happy!
Terence, the darkness is only due to my phone always making pictures slightly dark. The blue is actually quite bright in person, plus there was another shelf above with bigger products on it, which might have blocked some of the light. The blue as far right on the carriage in the first photo is actually closer to what it looks like in person, even with the slight glare.

STL, they said that the carriages are expected to start shipping around November or early December.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

TTL

Damn, well hopefully it's one of those ones where they release much early then they say it's supposed to ship, it's happened before

Rodimus Supreme

:o :o :o WOW!!! The Narrow Gauge Coaches look AWESOME!!!! It seems the red carriage is colored like the CGI carriages, but is sized like the Model Series. Some paint to make it Model Series color-accurate and it'll be perfect!!! This just goes to show NOT to assume that just because you're not seeing something automatically means it's cancelled and to check your sources before believing something someone told you.

TrainshockeylifE

TTL