News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Narrow Gauge Modeling Thread

Started by Chaz, May 07, 2016, 03:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainshockeylifE

TTL

Need me some Sir Handel and more Talyllyn stock.

TerencetheTractor525

Quote from: TrainMan2001 on July 13, 2019, 10:48:05 PM
Quote from: TerencetheTractor525 on July 13, 2019, 10:05:01 PM
WOW! So not only did Bachmann make an incredible new product announcement yesterday, but they also made the narrow gauge carriages using two separate toolings! This just goes to show that the Bachmann reps take our comments very seriously. The only small complaint I have is that the shade of blue they chose for the blue carriage is a little on the dark side, but other than that I'm very happy!
Terence, the darkness is only due to my phone always making pictures slightly dark. The blue is actually quite bright in person, plus there was another shelf above with bigger products on it, which might have blocked some of the light. The blue as far right on the carriage in the first photo is actually closer to what it looks like in person, even with the slight glare.

That's great to know! The lighter shade is what I would personally like more, as it would match the model series.
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

grandpuff

Hello to All:

It has been awhile since I last posted and a lot has happened lately. I am just as excited as everyone else about the surprise Summer Announcements. I have the red carriages on back order with TW. I did not order the Blue Carriages since I have already built the blue and green open carriages. Peter Sam is of course a very welcome announcement too. Hopefully Sir Handel will not be far behind since they have the same wheel arrangement. In a conversation I had recently with Chaz about our Peter Sam and Sir Handel models we have been building, Chaz had a great idea of what to do when Bachmann's models come out. His idea was to re-name our models Stuart and Falcon which is perfect since they are based on the season 4 models. I thought that this was such a great idea that I immediately ordered us some new name plates from Narrow Planet so that we can do just that. Genius idea Chaz.

So a little update on what is happening with our Sir Handel project. I have three 3D printed Sir Handel models that I am using to build a Sir Handel for both Chaz and myself and the third model will be a Proteus for myself. I have the powered chassis ordered from N-Drive in the UK and I hope they get here soon. I really cannot do very much to the models until I see what modifications I need to do to the models so that the chassis will fit. So while waiting for the chassis I have started to do some of the detail work on the models.

As you can see I have added the whistle, steam pop-off valves, steam cylinder drain valves, and cab hand rails which of course will be removed before painting begins. I will post additional photos as is my custom as work progresses.

Enjoy,
Grandpuff
Grandpuff

JLK2707

Looks great. Just keep us updated please! :)

Chaz

Attempt 2: since the pictures didn't load last time I tried posting this

Bachmann UK recently released a three pack of slate wagons using the same tooling as the Thomas ones came out about two years ago.  In the second photo, the new slate wagons are to the left and the Thomas ones are to the right.  I would personally recommend picking these up if you need more slate wagons to go with your narrow gauge collection. The fact that these are all weathered as well is a pretty nice bonus. I might be picking up a second set of these later down the road...
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

JLK2707

Streak

So TerencetheTractor525 encouraged me to share these so here goes nothing.

On Twitter, I draw a lot of merchandise concepts for many different lines. Sometimes I do Bachmann concepts. Here's two narrow gauge concepts. A Green Narrow Gauge Coach and the Refreshment Stand Coach! Hope you enjoy!

https://twitter.com/streaksmeargle/status/1155648220262854656?s=21

https://twitter.com/streaksmeargle/status/1155658970951872512?s=21

If the links don't work, make sure to let me know! :)

TrainshockeylifE

Streak, your work is phenomenal, I see everything here on Twitter and it is amazing! Keep the good work up!

Sodor Engineer

I really like those Streak I wonder if Bachmann will get some ideas from these.
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

Cheeky_ULP

The green narrow gauge coach looks fantastic; I'd buy it day-one. I also saw you did Ryan; he looks about as much as I'd expect a Bachmann product to as well, you got the look pretty accurately. If you don't plan on doing Stepney in the near future, I might consider taking a whack at it myself!

Streak

Quote from: Cheeky_ULP on September 25, 2019, 04:55:35 PM
The green narrow gauge coach looks fantastic; I'd buy it day-one. I also saw you did Ryan; he looks about as much as I'd expect a Bachmann product to as well, you got the look pretty accurately. If you don't plan on doing Stepney in the near future, I might consider taking a whack at it myself!

Thanks! Glad you liked my concepts! I definitely plan to do Stepney in the future considering how he and Ryan are the most wanted engines currently and then I'd move on to other possible characters.

grandpuff

Hello Streak:

I liked the work you are doing on your merchandise designs, very nicely done.

I am including a photo showing the open air green coaches that I did for everyones enjoyment.

Also just to let every one know what else I am working on, present projects are to build Sir Handel models for Chaz and myself and also Proteus for myself. The only holdup has been waiting 3 months for the chassis to arrive from the UK. I am also building an Ivo Hugh model and hope to have some photos soon now that I have at least temporally solved my image sharing problem. Once those are done I will build a Victor model and I think that will complete my Narrow Gauge Locomotive projects.

Enjoy,
Grandpuff
Grandpuff

Chaz

I'm impressed with those two concepts as well as your Ryan picture too.  They are really spot on to how they would turn out.  Even if Bachmann made a refreshment coach I would buy that since I always liked that episode despite not being from season 4.  Definitely interested to see Stepney and what other concepts you plan on doing in the future.  Might not be a bad idea to post your own thread for your concepts too so you can keep us informed. :)

Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Streak

Quote from: Chaz on September 26, 2019, 10:20:46 PM
I'm impressed with those two concepts as well as your Ryan picture too.  They are really spot on to how they would turn out.  Even if Bachmann made a refreshment coach I would buy that since I always liked that episode despite not being from season 4.  Definitely interested to see Stepney and what other concepts you plan on doing in the future.  Might not be a bad idea to post your own thread for your concepts too so you can keep us informed. :)

Thanks so much! I'm really glad you like them! Also, having my own thread for concepts ain't such a bad idea when you mention it... I'll look into it!  :) ;D