News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Narrow Gauge Modeling Thread

Started by Chaz, May 07, 2016, 03:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandpuff

Hello to All:

Mulfred-100 your Winter scene photo looks fantastic, very nicely done. Thanks again for sharing with us all.

Well another week has pasted and I have been able to complete the Sir Handel models I have been building for Chaz and myself. I have mailed Chaz model to him and it is due to arrive today. So I hope you enjoy your model and your complete First Six plus Duke. Happy Holidays to you.

As I said in my last post I have added the coal load, face, couplers, and name and number plates. I have also assembled the body, powered chassis, and added the trailing wheels. The chassis' I used from N-Drive in the UK runs very smoothly and were worth the long wait for their arrival. So here are a few completion photos of Sir Handel.

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

I am very happy with how Sir Handel has turned out ad hope that you all have enjoyed my progress in building my Narrow Gauge collection. As Bachmann releases their Peter Sam and Sir Handel models our plan is to change the nameplates to Stuart and Falcon. Until then our models will serve as place holders until the Bachmann models are produced someday. I now have models of all of the narrow gauge models except Victor to my knowledge. As soon as I can get the 3D design errors fixed I will probably build him to complete my collection. I will also get a photo taken on my layout of all 14 of my narrow gauge locos and post it here as soon as I can.

Looking forward to the release of the narrow gauge coaches soon.

Enjoy,
Grandpuff
Grandpuff

TerencetheTractor525

Great work to everyone! Really love seeing all the progress that has happened recently! While another semester of college is wrapping up, I am beginning to plan the next stages for the narrow gauge extension that I am in the process of making too. Here are some progress videos from the summer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLKLzLVrGGQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwWF9QI98nI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laKArw7tHtg

Will certainly upload more updates once I am home :).
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Chaz

He's an amazing model, thank you again Grandpuff for putting him together for me.  He will be a perfect addition to hold me over until a Bachmann model is made.  I would recommend this body to anyone who is anxious for Sir Handel while currently owning Bachmann's 3 narrow gauge engines and waiting for their Peter Sam model.   On that note...

Would anyone here like some M&M's? :D
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: grandpuff on December 05, 2019, 07:16:35 PM
Hello to All:

Mulfred-100 your Winter scene photo looks fantastic, very nicely done. Thanks again for sharing with us all.

Well another week has pasted and I have been able to complete the Sir Handel models I have been building for Chaz and myself. I have mailed Chaz model to him and it is due to arrive today. So I hope you enjoy your model and your complete First Six plus Duke. Happy Holidays to you.

As I said in my last post I have added the coal load, face, couplers, and name and number plates. I have also assembled the body, powered chassis, and added the trailing wheels. The chassis' I used from N-Drive in the UK runs very smoothly and were worth the long wait for their arrival. So here are a few completion photos of Sir Handel.

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

I am very happy with how Sir Handel has turned out ad hope that you all have enjoyed my progress in building my Narrow Gauge collection. As Bachmann releases their Peter Sam and Sir Handel models our plan is to change the nameplates to Stuart and Falcon. Until then our models will serve as place holders until the Bachmann models are produced someday. I now have models of all of the narrow gauge models except Victor to my knowledge. As soon as I can get the 3D design errors fixed I will probably build him to complete my collection. I will also get a photo taken on my layout of all 14 of my narrow gauge locos and post it here as soon as I can.

Looking forward to the release of the narrow gauge coaches soon.

Enjoy,
Grandpuff
Nice custom! Is that a Duck face?

grandpuff

Rodimus Supreme:

No, the faces I used for both of my Sir Handels came from Japanese Bandai Sir Handel models.
A little pricey to be sure, but the only ones that were the correct size.

Grandpuff
Grandpuff

TerencetheTractor525

The Sir Handel models look wonderful! As always, I love the attention to detail!
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

grandpuff

Hello Again:

First thank you for your comments Terrence, I am a big fan of your layout and model work too.

And to Chaz I really liked your M&M's locomotive caravan, especially that the M&M colors matched the engines. It is great to see your "First SIX plus Duke" and I am happy to have played a part in making that happen for you. You were very generous in helping me build my Duke which started me on this journey to build all of the narrow gauge engines, thanks again.

I thought that I would post a photo showing all 14 of my narrow gauge engines gathered around my engine service facilities on my 2 X 4 foot layout. Shown clock wise around my turntable are Rusty on the turntable bridge, then from the lower left is Ivo Hugh, Freddie, Proteus, Millie, Luke, Sir Handel, Peter Sam, Smudger, Mighty Mac, Duke, Skarloey, Rheneus, and Duncan. I hope that you all have enjoyed seeing my models as much as I have enjoyed building them.

Photo of my Narrow Gauge Collection

Also just to let everyone know, I received a call from TW today telling me that my Red Coaches are on the way, YAY!

Enjoy,
Grandpuff

Grandpuff

TTL

Waiting for the call that mine are ready for pick up, though I've had to specify I won't be able too until after Christmas.
Need me some Sir Handel and more Talyllyn stock.

mulfred-100

Great work as always Granpuff and Chaz. Thanks for the feedback. I'm always just awaiting my email from trainworld then hopefully they'll be on the way.

Sodor Engineer

The narrow gauge coaches our out for sale! :)
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

Falcon the 2nd

Quote from: the track master on December 11, 2019, 02:21:45 PM
The narrow gauge couches our out for sale! :)
Just checked TrainWorld and it would appear they are now in stock at long last! I would love to get them after getting my first engine (leaning mainly toward Rheneas) and I think it helps that they are set at a reasonable price.
Wishlists:
HO Scale - Stepney, Tar Tanker
N Scale - Henry, Mavis, Milk Tanker, Brake Van

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: the track master on December 11, 2019, 02:21:45 PM
The narrow gauge couches our out for sale! :)
Are narrow gauge couches couches that are smaller than standard couches? :P

grandpuff

Just wanted to point out that couches are something you sit on and coaches are something you sit in. Also that our and are do not mean the same thing. And yes Narrow Gauge coaches are smaller than standard gauge coaches due to the smaller gauge of the track even though the scale is the same.

Grandpuff
Grandpuff

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: grandpuff on December 12, 2019, 01:10:19 PM
Just wanted to point out that couches are something you sit on and coaches are something you sit in. Also that our and are do not mean the same thing. And yes Narrow Gauge coaches are smaller than standard gauge coaches due to the smaller gauge of the track even though the scale is the same.

Grandpuff
Um...I was making a joke...I know what he meant, and the difference between all of those things...

Sodor Engineer

Ok good I was confused at first ??? thanks for under standing ;)
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.