Anniversary Edition 4-6-0 Pilot Repaired and New Modifications

Started by RkyGriz, May 07, 2016, 06:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RkyGriz

Hi, everybody! I permanently replaced the broken front pilot on my #25 Anniversary Edition 4-6-0 locomotive with the front pilot from my Big Haulers #7 Santa Fe battery operated R/C locomotive. A chassis rewire was required to get both the smoke unit and the front headlight to operate, but the surgery was successful and it's now operating perfectly. I also switched the smoke stack from the #7 over to the #25 (and vice-versa along with repainting the stack from the #7),to give the #25 an appearance that is more like the actual #25-2 4-6-0 Virginia & Truckee locomotive that can be found  in operation today at the Nevada State Rail Road Museum in Carson City, Nevada. This project is almost complete as it needs a new cowcatcher and to have the front and rear headlights renumbered and it will finally be done. Here's a link to the video I made of it in operation on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO_ypHVIi6w&feature=youtu.be
Look for the upcoming video of what I've done to my Big Haulers #7 Santa Fe 4-6-0 locomotive and tender. You just may not believe the change!
Anyway, I hope that you'll like my newest video.
Later,
Andrew