News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Spectrum 1:20.3, 2-6-0 Release Date

Started by JBSahnd, May 15, 2016, 02:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBSahnd

What is the release date for the new Spectrum 1:20.3, 2-6-0 locomotive that is listed in the 2016 catalog?

the Bach-man

Dear JB,
We are hoping for Summer delivery.
They will be well worth the wait!
They are exquisite!
the Bach-man

Bucksco

OERM306

"Emma Nevada" was outshopped by Baldwin Locomotive Works in 1881.  Named "Sidney Dillon" and numbered "2", the Mogul 2-6-0 was operated in the desert for 57 years by the Nevada Central Railroad.  Upon abandonment in 1938 the engine was purchased by Disney animator Ward Kimball.  It was restored and operated on a short section of track in his San Gabriel, California orange grove as part of his "Grizzly Flats Railroad".  Ward and his family donated the engine and rolling stock to the Orange Empire Railway Museum.  The engine is undergoing extensive restoration to return it to operating condition.  I've attached a photo of the "Emma Nevada" as  she appears today and you'll be able to see what a remarkable job Bachmann has done with the "G" Scale re-creation.  A historic engine being brought back to life by the Museum and faithfully modeled by Bachmann.

OERM306

Beware the Ides of August!  The "Bachmann August 2016 Newsletter" didn't list the new 2-6-0.

Loco Bill Canelos

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

mickeykelley

Here in Texas, summer is over when we stop having to run the AC over 12/18 hours (depending on your exact location) a day. Which could be in September, October or even possible late August (but very, very seldom) so the release date is actually tied to our AC bill.  :D

OERM306

OMG! I've seen one and they're WONDERFUL!!!!!

OERM306

Christmas is exactly 4 months away TODAY.  I know what I want Santa to leave under MY tree!

OERM306

Bachmann Industries are a sponsor of the restoration of "Emma Nevada" to operating condition.

OERM306

Big Emma and Little Emma.  The Bachmann Boys have done it again!

the Bach-man

Dear All,
The new Moguls are arriving now! (BTW, it's still Summer...)
You will love them!
I do!
the Bach-man

OERM306

Oh, it's a long, long while from May to December
But the days grow short when you reach September
When autumn weather turns the leaves to flame
One hasn't got time for the waiting game!

bob kaplan

The colorful paint schemes look wonderful.....but might we see a good ol' basic black sometime in the future?....would certainly fit better into my era.

thanks.