Main Menu

Cork road-bed/underlay

Started by electrical whiz kid, May 16, 2016, 09:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On

electrical whiz kid

Trainman203

Hey Roger, down here in Louisiana the humidity is fairly constant too ...... 120 percent!!!!!!! Oh man! HAWHAWHAWHAWHAW!!!!!!!  :o :D

rogertra

Quote from: Trainman203 on June 09, 2016, 06:48:42 PM
Hey Roger, down here in Louisiana the humidity is fairly constant too ...... 120 percent!!!!!!! Oh man! HAWHAWHAWHAWHAW!!!!!!!  :o :D

I do NOT envy you.   :)

Cheers

Roger T.

Trainman203

Roger, you WILL in January when our average temperature is a sunny 55!!!!!!!!  And no snow !  Ever!

rogertra

Quote from: Trainman203 on June 09, 2016, 11:39:05 PM
Roger, you WILL in January when our average temperature is a sunny 55!!!!!!!!  And no snow !  Ever!

Actually, on Vancouver Island we get very little snow and average temperatures in January are overnight low of 2C/36F and a typical high of 7C/44F but it does rain a lot and we sometimes get snow.  I live 30 minutes from Victoria and at around 700 feet so we are a little colder and whereas we may get snow, Victoria won't.

We also haven't had any trains since March 19, 2011, though the tracks are still in place and they've been rambling about restoring a passenger train ever since.

Cheers

Roger T.

jward

I couldn't live in a place with no trains. 20 or so a day pass within 100 feet of my back door, and probably another 50-60 a day pass within a mile of me. this is modern railroading at its finest.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

jbrock27

Quote from: jward on June 10, 2016, 06:25:12 PM
...trains. 20 or so a day pass within 100 feet of my back door...

I don't envy YOU.
Keep Calm and Carry On

RAM

When there is still track there is hope.

Jhanecker2

I agree with jward  .  I was raised in Chicago  and  live down the tracks from the Illinois Railroad Museum  in Union , Illinois .   The Union Pacific Line ( former CNW)  runs  across the street .  I find it sort of familiar & comforting .  J2.

jbrock27

I'd no more want an active rail line 100 feet from my home, than I would want a Highway 100 feet from my home.  Trains are close enough by, I can hear them, and derailments when they happen and not too far away that if I wanted to train spot I could, without them shaking my morning coffee ;)
Keep Calm and Carry On