News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Command DCC & DC controller

Started by tonka45, May 26, 2016, 12:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonka45

I have the EZ Command DCC system and a separate standard Bachmann DC controller with power pack, the gray one with black control knob.
Can I safely hook the DC controller to the EZ command and run a DC Bachmann F7 while running a DCC equipped Bachmann GP7 using the  EZ command throttle for the DCC loco and the DC throttle for the DC loco??
Thanks You

RAM

No.  You cannot have a DC and A DCC controller on at the same time.  It is my understanding that you can run a DC locomotive with aa DCC controller, and you can run a bachmann DCC locomotive with a DC controller.  Never try connecting the two controllers up tp the same track.

the Bach-man

Dear Tonka,
Actually, you can daisy chain an analog pack with an EZ Command. Address 10 then becomes another DCC address.
Have fun!
the BAch-man

jward

what the bach man mentioned involved connecting the dc pack to the ez command for use as a second controller, not connecting the dc controller directly to the track.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Ckrails

Do all DC controllers work with EZ Command or only ones made after a certain period?  I have one that has the right connector cable but it doesn't run my DC engines when I turn up the speed control.  Am I missing a step?