News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

newbie to 2rail, layout ideas

Started by bsamot69, May 30, 2016, 12:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrock27

Thank you Rich  :).

Verdict is still out on whether he even has fiber ties.  He has not yet responded to my question to him about it and he never stated as much but mention of it was thrown into the mix by Mr. Ward on some assumption I presume...

Re: WD-40 and plastic track ties: since it has been commonly suggested in writing by many folks, including the Kalmbach folks, that to effectively clean loco and freight car wheels, spray WD-40 on a paper towel and then proceed to put said paper towel on the tracks, makes me have to believe the result will be no harm to the plastic ties.  I have never experienced or seen any damage exposing WD-40 to them.  I am sure Wahl Clipper oil as you mentioned is a good suggestion as well.
Keep Calm and Carry On

electrical whiz kid

Jim;
Wahl's is good, I think, for that application.  I use it mostly behind a 'Bright Boy', and a little goes a long way.  Too much, and we have problems.

RIch C.

jbrock27

Agree.  I use a track cleaning block as the last resort and not one that is abrasive like a Bright Boy.  I go with chemicals first.  With the Wahl's, I put some on a Cosmetic Q-tip and use the Q-tip to clean the rails.  Easy to see how much cleaning is done by how black the Q-tip gets.
Keep Calm and Carry On