News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New 4-6-0 Project Reveal and Preview

Started by RkyGriz, May 29, 2016, 03:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RkyGriz

He everybody. I decided to reveal my current 4-6-0 locomotive and tender project. I was going to wait until it's completed, but I figured "what the heck I'll show it off a little bit tonight! First off I want to thank the good people at Bachmann Trains for their having their 4-6-0 chassis (both the standard and Anniversary) on sale again at great prices and I am especially grateful to them for having the 25 percent off sale last weekend on all parts orders totaling $25.00 (or more) which enabled me to purchase a new chassis for my project a bit sooner than I expected!I was thinking Anniversary chassis, but I decided on a standard chassis to save costs and etc. She 's not complete by a long shot,but she's beginning to shape up into what I have envisioned it to become: the #26 4-6-0 locomotive from the Virginia and Truckee R.R! I need decals (still!),a new headlight housing, bell, and running boards, but after all that is done I'll be one happy model railroader!
This baby was originally a green Big Haulers #7 Santa Fe battery operated 4-6-0, but I repainted it satin black and silver. By the way,the new standard electric chassis fits it like a glove( as would an Anniversary chassis, which I verified by placing the #25's Anniversary chassis into the #26 a couple of weeks ago when I rewired the Anniversary chassis)! I've also installed a 5mm warm white LED for the headlight and added a Suethe #7 in-stack smoke generator as the body doesn't have mounts for the one made by Bachmann. So far, I've only ran it about 30 feet back and forth on a 9 foot track section in order to test the smoke generator and headlight function. The Seuthe #7 smoke generator puffs out smoke like a regular chimney! I can't afford the rest of the parts at the moment due to my boss cutting my hours this week(grrr!!!!) but it'll be done soon enough. Here's a link to a video of my little project that I've posted to youtube:
https://youtu.be/I3TxHbmP1B4
Enjoy and thank you for taking the time to read my ramble and watch the video!
Take care and happy railroading!
Andrew
Reno, Nevada

RkyGriz

RkyGriz

And here's a new shoot of my #25 Anniversary Edition pulling a string of 4 lighted cars in the dark:
https://youtu.be/aag-Uw1CNCo